Hi guest don't want to see slide in ads? Register for free! Read more... ×
Gav

New 'supporters' member status

We have introduced a new member status 'supporters'. This status will be awarded to those who choose to support the forum via a subscription.

The reason we have introduced this is to hopefully help subsidise the cost of running the forum from our server cost to software licence costs and time. Most of all its for those members who get real value from the forum and would like to say thanks and support the continual growth of the forum.

Of course, there will be benefits to this status! We have given supporters several benefits over normal users. 

NOTE: We have not taken anything from normal users, you still have all the abilities you had before bar one which is the private forum section. This is now a supporter only feature.

See the image below for more details on the benefits of becoming a supporter.

If you would like to support the forum please go here. https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/subscriptions/

If you have any issues please PM me.

20180714_200726_0001.thumb.png.2a1882e515469154ca89357637ef506c.png

Report PostReport post

We have introduced a new member status 'supporters'. This status will be awarded to those who choose to support the forum via a subscription.

The reason we have introduced this is to hopefully help subsidise the cost of running the forum from our server cost to software licence costs and time. Most of all its for those members who get real value from the forum and would like to say thanks and support the continual growth of the forum.

Of course, there will be benefits to this status! We have given supporters several benefits over normal users. 

NOTE: We have not taken anything from normal users, you still have all the abilities you had before bar one which is the private forum section. This is now a supporter only feature.

See the image below for more details on the benefits of becoming a supporter.

If you would like to support the forum please go here. https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/subscriptions/

If you have any issues please PM me.

604955440_windowcleaningforums(5).thumb.png.7acda0fa8b60c853163a575cf7daace9.png
basically we have to pay for private members area?!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Report PostReport post

3 hours ago, Redditch windy said:

basically we have to pay for private members area?!

You don't have to pay but yes the private area is for supporters only now. 

Report PostReport post

21 hours ago, Gav said:

You don't have to pay but yes the private area is for supporters only now. 

I completely understand your need to fund the sites, (and thus whitelisted your site on my ad blocker so you would still make ad revenue) but don’t think you should have changed the private forum to supporter only. I had forums I was following on there. Could you not have created a new private forum and stopped any more posts in the old one, but archived it so we could still see the old content? 

Report PostReport post

1 hour ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

I completely understand your need to fund the sites, (and thus whitelisted your site on my ad blocker so you would still make ad revenue) but don’t think you should have changed the private forum to supporter only. I had forums I was following on there. Could you not have created a new private forum and stopped any more posts in the old one, but archived it so we could still see the old content? 

Hi @Master Jedi Alejandro that was a thought but we would then end up with two private forums which seems a little pointless. I could move all the posts in it to a private archive and lock them all but then their would be nothing to follow. 

Report PostReport post

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Hi @Master Jedi Alejandro that was a thought but we would then end up with two private forums which seems a little pointless. I could move all the posts in it to a private archive and lock them all but then their would be nothing to follow. 

Well that would be helpful, thank you.

However I do ask you reconsider the making of the private forum a cost addition. Isn’t the short term boost from potential subscriptions outweighed by the long term loss of ad revenue from more members? Could you not have implemented something similar to a lot of the online newspapers and stopped access to the site (or even to just parts of it) while a ad blocker was enabled? 

Edited by Master Jedi Alejandro
Edited for clarity

Report PostReport post

1 hour ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Well that would be helpful, thank you.

However I do ask you reconsider the making of the private forum a cost addition. Isn’t the short term boost from potential subscriptions outweighed by the long term loss of ad revenue from more members? Could you not have implemented something similar to a lot of the online newspapers and stopped access to the site (or even to just parts of it) while a ad blocker was enabled? 

We do that already re ad blocker. 

It's just trying to find ways to give members options really. Some are not bothered by ads others are. 

I will have a think and see if I can come up with a solution. It might be I put the private forum back we will see. 

Report PostReport post

15 hours ago, Gav said:

We do that already re ad blocker. 

It's just trying to find ways to give members options really. Some are not bothered by ads others are. 

I will have a think and see if I can come up with a solution. It might be I put the private forum back we will see. 

No I understand that. And I know you need to make money to run the forum, don’t expect you to do it for free! I really appreciate these forums and just don’t want to see them go downhill. The worry is new members won’t experience the full benefit. 

Report PostReport post