Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New 'supporters' member status

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
We have introduced a new member status 'supporters'. This status will be awarded to those who choose to support the forum via a subscription.

The reason we have introduced this is to hopefully help subsidise the cost of running the forum from our server cost to software licence costs and time. Most of all its for those members who get real value from the forum and would like to say thanks and support the continual growth of the forum.

Of course, there will be benefits to this status! We have given supporters several benefits over normal users. 

NOTE: We have not taken anything from normal users, you still have all the abilities you had before bar one which is the private forum section. This is now a supporter only feature.

See the image below for more details on the benefits of becoming a supporter.

If you would like to support the forum please go here. https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/subscriptions/

If you have any issues please PM me.

20180714_200726_0001.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We have introduced a new member status 'supporters'. This status will be awarded to those who choose to support the forum via a subscription.

The reason we have introduced this is to hopefully help subsidise the cost of running the forum from our server cost to software licence costs and time. Most of all its for those members who get real value from the forum and would like to say thanks and support the continual growth of the forum.

Of course, there will be benefits to this status! We have given supporters several benefits over normal users. 

NOTE: We have not taken anything from normal users, you still have all the abilities you had before bar one which is the private forum section. This is now a supporter only feature.

See the image below for more details on the benefits of becoming a supporter.

If you would like to support the forum please go here. https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/subscriptions/

If you have any issues please PM me.

View attachment 14291
basically we have to pay for private members area?!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You don't have to pay but yes the private area is for supporters only now. 
I completely understand your need to fund the sites, (and thus whitelisted your site on my ad blocker so you would still make ad revenue) but don’t think you should have changed the private forum to supporter only. I had forums I was following on there. Could you not have created a new private forum and stopped any more posts in the old one, but archived it so we could still see the old content? 

I completely understand your need to fund the sites, (and thus whitelisted your site on my ad blocker so you would still make ad revenue) but don’t think you should have changed the private forum to supporter only. I had forums I was following on there. Could you not have created a new private forum and stopped any more posts in the old one, but archived it so we could still see the old content? 
Hi @Master Jedi Alejandro that was a thought but we would then end up with two private forums which seems a little pointless. I could move all the posts in it to a private archive and lock them all but then their would be nothing to follow. 

Hi @Master Jedi Alejandro that was a thought but we would then end up with two private forums which seems a little pointless. I could move all the posts in it to a private archive and lock them all but then their would be nothing to follow. 
Well that would be helpful, thank you.

However I do ask you reconsider the making of the private forum a cost addition. Isn’t the short term boost from potential subscriptions outweighed by the long term loss of ad revenue from more members? Could you not have implemented something similar to a lot of the online newspapers and stopped access to the site (or even to just parts of it) while a ad blocker was enabled? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that would be helpful, thank you.

However I do ask you reconsider the making of the private forum a cost addition. Isn’t the short term boost from potential subscriptions outweighed by the long term loss of ad revenue from more members? Could you not have implemented something similar to a lot of the online newspapers and stopped access to the site (or even to just parts of it) while a ad blocker was enabled? 
We do that already re ad blocker. 

It's just trying to find ways to give members options really. Some are not bothered by ads others are. 

I will have a think and see if I can come up with a solution. It might be I put the private forum back we will see. 

We do that already re ad blocker. 

It's just trying to find ways to give members options really. Some are not bothered by ads others are. 

I will have a think and see if I can come up with a solution. It might be I put the private forum back we will see. 
No I understand that. And I know you need to make money to run the forum, don’t expect you to do it for free! I really appreciate these forums and just don’t want to see them go downhill. The worry is new members won’t experience the full benefit. 

This is personal input and nothing to do with my Mod status. 

Personally I think the adds are now too O.T.T.  As well as banner ads from the likes of myself, CP, Adam etc there is also a google ads banner underneath, In fact I see three Google ads on this page as I write.  Along with the banner ad and 9 sponsor adds that's 13 adverts on one page, but hold on, there's another slot where you're trying to sell more add spaces!   Really? 

Also asking people to donate to join a 'private section' whilst having 13 adverts on the page seems a little O.T.T. 

Private section should be for members that have registered, simple as that, not visible to joe public that has not registered.  

To a degree it has become almost uncomfortable to visit these pages with this many adverts pushing anything and everything on the site.   

I’ve noticed the ads, they don’t bother me too much.... I’m pretty new to the forum still though, so until I realise what I can / can’t go on then I won’t notice a massive difference.... in terms of a subscription though I don’t think a few quid to support something I use and potentially get a lot of knowledge from, it can’t run on its own for free but £5 is excessive from nothing as someone pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back