Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

TDS rising after resin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

Hi

recently bought 12.5kgs of resin from a company called Industrial Water Equipment.When it arrived the box was split and the some of the resin was laying inside the box.It wasn’t secured well at all.

Today I’ve gone to use the resin for the first time and prior to the resin the ppm is 14, my tap TDS is 284.

Now after the resin it rises to between 18 and 25.

Any ideas ? could the resin have become contaminated in transit?

Also what’s the best way to store resin?

cheers

Hi

recently bought 12.5kgs of resin from a company called Industrial Water Equipment.When it arrived the box was split and the some of the resin was laying inside the box.It wasn’t secured well at all.

Today I’ve gone to use the resin for the first time and prior to the resin the ppm is 14, my tap TDS is 284.

Now after the resin it rises to between 18 and 25.

Any ideas ? could the resin have become contaminated in transit?

Also what’s the best way to store resin?

cheers
Have you got the DI's set up correctly i.e in/out connections?

It’s 14 after the pre filters and membrane and then after the resin it goes up to between 18 and 25 ppm.

Only thing different is the new resin that I’m using for the first time.Even filled another resin cartridge and tried that but still the same issues.

cheers

dabber

It’s 14 after the pre filters and membrane and then after the resin it goes up to between 18 and 25 ppm.
Only thing different is the new resin that I’m using for the first time.Even filled another resin cartridge and tried that but still the same issues.

cheers
dabber
I can't get my head round this either your meter is totally out and needs calibrating or your resin is full of contaminates, I could never get a true reading from my hand held meter so bought an in line one and so easy to fit and use.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

To me it sounds as if you may have ordered the wrong type of resin.With Softening Resin you will see an increase in ppm. They also sell other grades so probably is not mixed bed resin.

Back