Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2nd hand SkyVac gutter vac - what to look out for?

Declan Mc

Hey guys.

Looking at a 2nd hand SkyVac - a new one runs about £4000 here.

Anything I should be on the lookout for - any issues that crop up over time? Or is it a safe enough bet once it starts?!

Cheers.

For what you will spend on a second hand one you could buy 3500 watt brand new one manufactured in Germany or Italy with 12 months warrenty 

Hi Declen Mc

There are two parts of the SkyVac system. the Carbon poles, and a vacuum system.

Things to look out for on the Carbon poles are wear in the joins the grit and grime that gets trapped in the joins of the poles tends to lead to binding and difficulty separating. This wearing also makes controlling the pole from the ground more difficult. SpaceVac (in competition) added a fastening system to reduce this.

The Vacuum depends a bit on how much it has been used. the vacuum cleaner sold with SkyVac is decent, but similar vacuums can be picked up for around 1500aud new.

if you looking to get into the Gutter cleaning, or any high cleaning i'd be seriously considering SpaceVac.

http://spillz.co.nz/products/spaceva/

Hi Declen Mc

There are two parts of the SkyVac system. the Carbon poles, and a vacuum system.

Things to look out for on the Carbon poles are wear in the joins the grit and grime that gets trapped in the joins of the poles tends to lead to binding and difficulty separating. This wearing also makes controlling the pole from the ground more difficult. SpaceVac (in competition) added a fastening system to reduce this.

The Vacuum depends a bit on how much it has been used. the vacuum cleaner sold with SkyVac is decent, but similar vacuums can be picked up for around 1500aud new.

if you looking to get into the Gutter cleaning, or any high cleaning i'd be seriously considering SpaceVac.

http://spillz.co.nz/products/spaceva/
Thanks Scroz,

Exactly what I was after! Do you have one yourself?

Choice over here is limited, so I was interested to see a used Skyvac being sold.

just get a brand new grippa vac 2400w, ive had mine for quiet some time with no issue its handled every thing ive thrown at it plenty of power these numitic hovers are hard as nails and then a bit more 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back