Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Re birth of a carbon pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ash Griffiths

Hi Guys & Gals.

So, i've got a 35 ft Gardiner SLX pole that ive had for years, i still use it regularly but am curious if anyone has any info/advice for sorting the carbon out (i.e laying new carbon or something similar & sanding it back)-theres a few sections that dont clamp quite so tight. Obviously theres the option of buying a new pole but just wondering as most of pole still has heaps of life left in it.

What else do you guys do to keep poles running smooth throughout the year?

Cheers.

You can buy just sections in individually I wouldn’t trust a carbon pole that had been repaired

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
My personal opinion is that it depends on what the repair is that was done. If the sections are too far worn and the tubing very thin then its not worth the effort of trying to repair it.

When our third cleaner left he gave my back his SLX22. It was badly worn and in need of new clamps. I had a set of clamps I was going to use on my old CLX so used those. Several of the sections where very worn at the end and one had cracked. I cut the worn sections out. In essence, I probably have an SLX21 although with an old Aquadapter fitted, its probably very close in length to the orginal SLX22. Its now a spare pole in the van with a flocked brush on it. Its not an everyday pole but it gets used for customers with leaded windows. It saves us having to swop brush heads around.

Latest Posts

Back