Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van magnets advertising

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Craigmac

Anyone use van magnets for advertising?

Would be interested in people's designs 

And also what size (dimensions) would best suit a SWB vivaro 

Thanks in advance.

Gonna get the van signed up sometime next year so it is only a quick fix for now. 

It ain't that expensive to get a van signed anyway I had my combo done for £186 both sides rear doors and big logo on the bonnet done by a local firm with a very good reputation.

County Durham Lad

It depends on what your looking to do. I’ve used magnets for years using very basic designs and although they’ve never really brought any work in they give my van an identity. I work in a very compact area and have done so for nearly twenty years so I know most of the residents and get enough new work from walk ups and referrals as I’m well known in the area. I’m fully booked so not really looking to advertise for any new work but maybe if I was a sign written van would be another avenue to explore. There’s a fine line with sign writing between looking professional and looking a bit gimmicky.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It depends on what your looking to do. I’ve used magnets for years using very basic designs and although they’ve never really brought any work in they give my van an identity. I work in a very compact area and have done so for nearly twenty years so I know most of the residents and get enough new work from walk ups and referrals as I’m well known in the area. I’m fully booked so not really looking to advertise for any new work but maybe if I was a sign written van would be another avenue to explore. There’s a fine line with sign writing between looking professional and looking a bit gimmicky.

I am the near enough the same as you @DaveShaw I don't need to advertise as my rounds are full but the work just keeps on coming. But once i switched to a van i made the decision that i wanted to stand out from all the other lads in my area who either don't have signed vans or use cars, has the van gained me any work in the months i have had 1 person said they had seen my van so contacted me. 

Personally I think those magnets look jank. 

Another problem with them is they can rip off when you put your foot down 

Why not bite the bullet and have it done properly ?

Why not bite the bullet and have it done properly ?
Would love to but got other more pressing costs at the moe. 

Tank for the van which are crazy prices for what is just a big water bottle lol 

Why not bite the bullet and have it done properly [emoji106]
They are not the most eye catching but they get the job done. Never had em rip off though. You gotta be careful not to over do it when using sign writing. I saw a joiners van the other day and it looked like a fun bus. It even had a cartoon drawing of what I presume was him sawing a piece of wood. [emoji23][emoji23]. I’d be cringing every time I had to drive somewhere.

My wife had a pair of magnet signs to advertise her Dog Walking business.
I believe there is still one of the said signs on the M60, somewhere around the Eccles Interchange.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Haha. Were did she stick em on her van as they only work on completely flat surfaces. No good on side doors and cars.

They are not the most eye catching but they get the job done. Never had em rip off though. You gotta be careful not to over do it when using sign writing. I saw a joiners van the other day and it looked like a fun bus. It even had a cartoon drawing of what I presume was him sawing a piece of wood.
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
. I’d be cringing every time I had to drive somewhere.

Nothing wrong with a cartoon image mate. My sign writer informs me that it’s one of the strong points of catching people’s eye, and from years of my experience, he’s correct 

17D1A0ED-BBE1-4A1D-AF7B-0015FCEFB1BB.jpeg

I have both my vans with magnets signs. No problem picked up loads of them. Will post a photo later - they look better on smaller vans to be honest. I like to be able to take them off when i go out doing other stuff - like fishing etc. :)

They were on the drivers and passenger doors, maybe that had something to do with it
The remaining one is on my beer fridge in the conservatory [emoji481]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire
Yes doors are quite curvy and especially goin on the motorway it wouldn’t take much to lift em. I was strongly advised not to stick em on any curved surface and not to have them on whilst doing high speeds on the motorway although mine have never come off yet. Another tip is to always take em off whilst washing you van as dirt can get behind and weaken the strength of the magnet.

Back