Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Feel relieved and I’ve only just ordered it

Dane

I won’t be using it every day but I’ve heard good things about them- Gardeners backpack; I’ve put it off for too long, I have a few jobs that i have a chew pulling the hose round to, so I’ve finally bitten the bullet and treated myself! Literally I’m looking forward to the going to the jobs already... every little helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I find them great.  I use one every day and it works fine. have a issue with my hose at present but thats not the back pack, my hose sprays water out the end that fits to the puller part of the uni valve, very frustrating, tryign to work out what i need to do. The back pack is great, works well and the charge is great it goes on and on.  It pumps fast too. Great kit!!!!  I want a van now and will use it still, just get a longer hose leave in the van via filling from a tank with a pump or just plonk it on floor at places I cna not park on drive so dont have my hose going across paths etc. TOP KIT!Enjoy

I find them great.  I use one every day and it works fine. have a issue with my hose at present but thats not the back pack, my hose sprays water out the end that fits to the puller part of the uni valve, very frustrating, tryign to work out what i need to do. The back pack is great, works well and the charge is great it goes on and on.  It pumps fast too. Great kit!!!!  I want a van now and will use it still, just get a longer hose leave in the van via filling from a tank with a pump or just plonk it on floor at places I cna not park on drive so dont have my hose going across paths etc. TOP KIT!Enjoy

Yeah they look perfect for what I need, I’ve just been stubborn and putting it off getting one.. I do have a van and system which is why I won’t be using it all the time but I certainly have jobs it will come in use for and hopefully will acquire more as I grow.. many thanks and good luck with the van.

Dane

I’ve got one,every time I walk the lid pops off ?

Ours too. A single wrap of duck tape around the thread and the excess above the thread trimmed off stops that. Unfortunately, it has to be redone from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn’t heard a bad word till you guys have said, fingers crossed I don’t have the same issues! I won’t be relying on it but I hope it doesn’t fall to bits.. still looking forward to taking delivery

Dane

You dont need a connector, the hose will slot directly into the orange back pack hose. Lost my rectus fitting the other day... It doesnt leak water either

I hadn’t heard a bad word till you guys have said, fingers crossed I don’t have the same issues! I won’t be relying on it but I hope it doesn’t fall to bits.. still looking forward to taking delivery

Dane

My son uses his b/p every day rather than his hose reel. It was purchased on the 16th of June 2016. Apart from the lid, which was a common problem and was reported to Alex by another cleaner, this packback has been well worth every penny of its cost.

My son is left handed and we did have an issue with one of the straps pulling out of its bracket. He carries the full backpack with one strap. He doesn't work with it on his back. He usually carries it back to the van by its handle. I modified the strap locating 'lock' to mirror the one on the other side and we haven't had an issue since. I've never heard of anyone else with this problem so I wouldn't concern myself with it.

I can't carry it full as my back is 'history'. If I occassional use it for a couple of windows I will empty half its contents out so I can carry it.

The battery is charged virtually every day and on the occassion when I haven't bothered, the backpack has worked 2 days and the battery hasn't showed any signs of going flat. When the charging light changes colour from red indicating the battery is full, I unplug the charger.

I actually don't know if it can be left on all night like I do with the leisure battery charger. I charge the backpack off the same extension as the leisure battery charger an do it in the back of the van.

If it stopped working now I would take it apart to see if it was a simple fix. If not, I would happily buy another just like it, even if it still had a 'problem' lid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve found they can start to get leaks out of the bottom quite easy, I handle mine with care. My old one always left a very small puddle over night even though everything seemed water tight underneath.

They are really handy. A lot of my work is really odd/quirky homes with nooks and crannies etc. The van mount is great but a lot of my work is def easier with backpack. Used it nearly a year now with no probs, touch wood.

I’ve found they can start to get leaks out of the bottom quite easy, I handle mine with care. My old one always left a very small puddle over night even though everything seemed water tight underneath.

Thanks for the feed back... will keep a eye out for this

Back