Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashing pebbledash? Advice needed please

Clisty1989

Been asked to quote a house with pebbledash that's covered in black dirt and algae. I've only ever softwashing painted walls and I'm a little worried about bits coming off. Has anyone done  this type of surface before, and if so did you do anything differently, and how did it come up? Haven't quoted it yet as I said I'd have to work out the costs. Thinking soft brush and 2.5% hypo mix, take my time and be careful. Any advice would be more than welcome. I didn't take any photos there, but my mates house is the same dashing so I'll pop there later to take a pic. Thanks in advance

Yes I did my own house it was just dirty with a bit or red algy I sprayed the whole house down with the garden hose ,then just sprayed the walls with hypo mix I gave it several applications allowing around 30 muinits between coats then just rinsed it down with the garden hose made a huge difference, oviously you cannot adjetate it like you would with a painted render or k rend but compared to the neibours houses it looks amazing well worth doing , evan doing it this way a very small amount of the pebble dash will come off but nothing to worry about 

IMG_20180712_165844.jpg

Yes I did my own house it was just dirty with a bit or red algy I sprayed the whole house down with the garden hose ,then just sprayed the walls with hypo mix I gave it several applications allowing around 30 muinits between coats then just rinsed it down with the garden hose made a huge difference, oviously you cannot adjetate it like you would with a painted render or k rend but compared to the neibours houses it looks amazing well worth doing , evan doing it this way a very small amount of the pebble dash will come off but nothing to worry about 
Cheers mate this is like the stuff to clean

Back