Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gocardless / cleaner planner

Dane

Hi,

Just looking for a little clarification; I have both of the above and they’re synced together (people slowly signing up to it)..

If Mr Smith signs up to GoCardless and I have him synced to my account, I activate the payment at the end of the day and let the system do it’s thing - for a few days Mr Smith will show on my debt list, does he then remove after the payment cycle automatically OR do I still need to click “paid” when I see it on my statement in my bank..

When everyone has signed over in theory would I have to click “paid” on my debt list or will it automatically add customer to the debt list when work done and then remove them after a few days / payment cycle.

Thanks in advance
Dane

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

No if you have Mr Smiths email on his details in Cleaner Planner (below where the address goes) the it will automatically sync the payments as and when they clear.  

The 'link' to identify customers between CP and GC is the email address so make sure both are accurate. 

No if you have Mr Smiths email on his details in Cleaner Planner (below where the address goes) the it will automatically sync the payments as and when they clear.  

The 'link' to identify customers between CP and GC is the email address so make sure both are accurate. 

Many thanks for your reply..

On my CP I have customers

Name
Address (inc post code)
Email
Mobile number (for text)

Dane

You can double check within CP settings go to settings then click the Gocardless tab it will say "Credit Customer Acc" with the option for When Payment Received or When Payment Started 

Thank you guys... I have noticed this is the settings and as I say I’m in the transition stage so I don’t have many signed up yet, definitely the way forward with collections

Dane

The standard for this is payment received and should be left as such as a payment could still bounce due to lack of funds etc  
That's how I have mine set up but not sure if it was the default option years ago. But this is how I prefer mine then it's  correct in the debt list once all funds have cleared. 

Back