Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Made a mess of these windows!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brianbadonde

I did a new house yesterday. I WFP'ed it onthe outside, then tradded ins. I'm not averse to a bit of tradding, and have a fair bit of experience. So was stunned when the glass had a film of detergent left on it after squeegeeing it, and lines and smears were left on it. I tried again and again, using different angles, different techniques etc... Eventually I came to the conclusion that it  was the glass. I got a couple of clothes and glass cleaner and that did a great job. It was very sunny so I could see any marks left but the glass cleaner did a great job. The squeegee was dreadful. Relatively fresh rubber (unger hard, my usual). These windows were georgian sash. Other windows in the house were regular windows and no problems with them. Anyone else had the same problem? And can someone shed light on this? Always looking to improve! 

Not too sure mate, but insides if the windows are small I just use damp scrim and microfibre, usually does pretty good. squeegy and blade for big stuff. Still use pure for it though and you Wouldnt use a huge amount. I wonder maybe had there been heavy smokers in there? Reason I say is, I used to do some pubs, and back in the day when smoking was allowed you can imagine the fog on a saturday night in them. And that nicotine was a right pain to get off.

No, no smoking in this particular house. No idea why then. I do a lot of insides but these windows were dreadful. In future I will just cloth them. 

Back