Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price to Softwash this hotel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Been asked by an existing customer to Softwash this Ime intrested to see how ones would price it and how long you would allow to do it it’s quite awkward in certain areas working on a large flat roof with drops  to lower floors in front of you and the ground floor on the front is quite a long way off the front of the main building what are your thoughts , there are a few more areas that I don’t have pictures of but you get the general idear 

75A5AD59-7B90-42EF-8508-71F1380B51C0.jpeg

E087DD13-1C1F-4E20-9D8E-B288E2100FDD.jpeg

D939F445-8B32-4702-BFC7-514080D37991.jpeg

Been asked by an existing customer to Softwash this Ime intrested to see how ones would price it and how long you would allow to do it it’s quite awkward in certain areas working on a large flat roof with drops  to lower floors in front of you and the ground floor on the front is quite a long way off the front of the main building what are your thoughts , there are a few more areas that I don’t have pictures of but you get the general idear 
View attachment 14345
View attachment 14346
View attachment 14347
It may be an idea, you could contact other softwashing companies to get quotes, in the thought you may “sub it out”
And then you will see what sort of prices they’re asking. Cheeky i know but Business is business right?
If i did work of this magnitude i would definitely ask for payment in installments and wouldn’t pursue unless previous installment had been paid. As they are an existing customer maybe you could trust them to pay without any issues.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It may be an idea, you could contact other softwashing companies to get quotes, in the thought you may “sub it out”
And then you will see what sort of prices they’re asking. Cheeky i know but Business is business right?
If i did work of this magnitude i would definitely ask for payment in installments and wouldn’t pursue unless previous installment had been paid. As they are an existing customer maybe you could trust them to pay without any issues.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We will will be doing the job subbing it out isn’t an option , I do have a idear on time and price but just intrested to see where others are with my thoughts we don’t do many this size but gradually getting more and more enquiries about this type of job , Ime looking at getting another van dedicated just for softwashing ,we have a contract with a large management company for window cleaning and guttervaccing they also have asked us to price up several blocks of flats with softwashing so I think there is definitely a market for it here , it’s just a large leap of faith spending lots on a new van and dedicated Softwash set up ??? 

paying the bill isn’t a problem pay on the nail every time ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paul, I would price in a week's Softwashing work for the hotel. It may only take 3 days but I would price in a week. 2 man job at £1500 a man so 3 grand would be my figure. The only thing I can see is it doesn't look that dirty or is it just the photos? I wonder how much a painting company would charge to paint it, probably a lot more.

Hi Paul, I would price in a week's Softwashing work for the hotel. It may only take 3 days but I would price in a week. 2 man job at £1500 a man so 3 grand would be my figure. The only thing I can see is it doesn't look that dirty or is it just the photos? I wonder how much a painting company would charge to paint it, probably a lot more.

Its not too dirty but the last time it was painted they painted over the algy and it’s growing through the paint , to paint it would take a lot of scaffolding 8-10 k plus painting a further 8-10 ?. Don’t know on prices but that was my guess 

You don't want to go in too cheap or you could be inundated with work. Cleaning is probably 20% of the price of painting the building. It looks like a new hotel going by the roof unless it has been renovated. I would be happy with 3 grand and if I didn't get it then so be it. Wouldn't want to damage anything or you would be sued at the first instance!

Did a similar sized care home summer before last.  

£3350. 

You'll be surprised at how long it takes you.

Also why be cheap?  You aren't hurting for the work are you ? 

If they don't want to pay top dollar for a top notch job then let them go elsewhere. 

i would say 5k would be about right i wouldent even entertain it for less than 4k to repaint this your looking at bug bucks 20k maby if they use a realy good painter and top qualty paint 

View attachment 14345

View attachment 14346

View attachment 14347
Hello @Pjj

just wondering if you ever got round to quoting and even cleaning the hotel?

Hello @Pjj

just wondering if you ever got round to quoting and even cleaning the hotel?

I have just been on a softwashing course and unfortunately due to the fact that this hotel has been painted several times over existing algy growth which is now growing through the paint the only option would be to doff steam clean the building removing all paint back to bare render not a job I would want to do and the customer wouldn’t want to pay to have it done so I expect that they will be painting over it vet again !!! 

I have however got several blocks of flats to do early next year for a management company , and we continue todo houses on a weekly basis 

Back