Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

In or Out first?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Leeds

For bigger commercial jobs (colleges) which are done once a year, i've always wondered which is more effective/quicker to do first. Inside then out, or the other way around?

What would you recommend and why?

I used to do a dental surgery that was fitted with secondary double glazing. It used to do my head in trying to work it all out.

Outsides first. Then unlock and slide back the inside windows and clean the inside of the outside panes. Then slide the inside windows shut, unlock the outside panes and slide them back and clean the outside of the inside panes..... you get the idea.

It wasn’t too bad when I started the job as one of the nurses used to come in early when I was due so I could work unhindered. It became a real nuisance when the surgery came under new management and no one was willing to come in early on that day. I was then expected to do all of the above whilst the surgery was in use. Right embarrassing!

I was glad when that job came to an end.

We do the outside first then the insides no particular reason why but if you do get a leaky window on the outside it won’t get runs on the clean inside if that’s done last 

Latest Posts

Back