Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moderator positions open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
I am sure you will all agree Dave and Green have done a great job of helping keep the forum a great place to be. As Dave has stepped down, I am now opening up mod applications for 2 new moderators.

To apply you will need to meet the criteria below.

*Be registered on the forum for at least 6 months.

*Have no actions against your account in the last 6 months (warnings etc).

*Have a post count of at least 200.

*Must be level headed and fair. 

Think you have what it takes to be a mod, love the forum and want to help it continue to be the best?

Send me a pm with the below

What past experience do you have in managing or moderating forums?

Why do you think you would be a good mod? 

What can you bring to the team? 

Can you login to the forum at least once a day to carry out mod duties?

All applications will be considered. The final decision is ours. Positions are voluntary and subject to a 1 month trial.

There is a few I would nominate for different reasons.

the top of my list would be @spruce  not just because he his so knowledgeable and helpful but also very level headed and sensible which is needed in moderating a forum, we already know he his a top asset to the forum? Come Spruce what you say.  

• Thanks
Reactions: Pjj
There is a few I would nominate for different reasons.

the top of my list would be @spruce  not just because he his so knowledgeable and helpful but also very level headed and sensible which is needed in moderating a forum, we already know he his a top asset to the forum? Come Spruce what you say.  
Thought about it yourself @Den?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would nominate spruce,but sadly I don't think modding is spruces thing,personally I would nominate steve garwood and tuffers as you are looking for two mods  @Gav,reason being they are both been around for a long while and know the ropes and they are both informative and funny at the same time.

I would nominate spruce,but sadly I don't think modding is spruces thing,personally I would nominate steve garwood and tuffers as you are looking for two mods  @Gav,reason being they are both been around for a long while and know the ropes and they are both informative and funny at the same time.
#Ging for mod, let's get it trending ?

I think @kevinc250has summed it up perfectly. Modding isn't something that appeals to me tbh. But thank you all for your thoughts.

If I recall correctly we asked @spruce a couple of years back.  Same response. If it ain't your bag it ain't your bag. 

What @Gav hasn't yet let slip is that I am also stepping down (at the request of @steve garwood) which is why the hunt is on for two replacements. 

A couple of years of modding here is enough for any one life time. So how about it Ging? You going to step up?  

(And no Steve, you're not that powerful, my resignation was in well before you asked for it.... now... where's that finger emoji??) ?

Really appreciate the offer lads and nice to be considered, but I have also got so busy I couldn’t guarantee the time/attention modding the forum needs so I have to unfortunately decline but thanks again for the offer.

Ging (even though he would need his own bad joke  forum) haha.

Tuffers

Part timer

Clisty

Iron giant 

I think all the above would do a great job. 

Really appreciate the offer lads and nice to be considered, but I have also got so busy I couldn’t guarantee the time/attention modding the forum needs so I have to unfortunately decline but thanks again for the offer.

Tuffers

Part timer

Clisty

Iron giant 

There's only one on that list that is far too lacking to manage as a moderator. 

@Marko067 would also be a top contender help me plently of times. 

If I recall correctly we asked @spruce a couple of years back.  Same response. If it ain't your bag it ain't your bag. 

What @Gav hasn't yet let slip is that I am also stepping down (at the request of @steve garwood) which is why the hunt is on for two replacements. 

A couple of years of modding here is enough for any one life time. So how about it Ging? You going to step up?  

(And no Steve, you're not that powerful, my resignation was in well before you asked for it.... now... where's that finger emoji??) ?
Glad you saw it as banter, that’s all it was ?.

Honered to be mentioned as a candidate, however, i would be a bad choice and here’s my reasons, 1. I’m a bit of a technophobe so wouldn’t have a clue how to delete/move post etc.

2. I’m too argumentative and often say things without thinking them through. I’ve been on here quite a few years now, same as you, and have had a few fallouts, including one with you. 

I’m happy to help this forum, I will soon be joining that financial thingy gav is doing to help the forum, but I don’t think I’d be a good choice as moderator.

Tuffers
Part timer
Clisty
Iron giant 

Thanks Den I have been considering it I will think it over, as I thought both places would have been filled by now.

County Durham Lad

Thanks Den I have been considering it I will think it over, as I thought both places would have been filled by now.

County Durham Lad

Personally think you would do a good job ? And have my vote along with the others I have suggested. 

@P4dstar is another we were considering. Fancy it? The technical side isn't that hard I have plenty of info about moderation on the forum and a tutorial video as well. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back