Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Go Cardless Failed payment

BACS is great for rounds where they’re all trusted customers, it’s free and cuts out collections.
Ad-ons or one off jobs (gutters/pressure washing etc) i now make them sign for cash or cheque on completion. it’s in your hand - job done. It doesn’t go “offline, not work, or take its time to pay” and cash doesn’t bounce either [emoji106]
Learned the hard way too many times when it comes to payments. builder who i never met asked for a job, i said bacs would be fine, didnt pay & went in to liquidation. Completely untraceable.
A number of ad-ons i had to chase the payments up and when they’re the high value jobs there’s nothing worse than people “sitting” on it until they have to be prompted.
I also won’t work for anybody unless i’ve met them in person and unless they have signed the paperwork now.
One guy tried pulling a fast one recently, breezed past me in the street while i was cleaning his neighbors “oh do mine will you mate, it’s number such & such, give the door a knock when you’re done & my wife will pay you, turra”
Rather fishy character so i knocked the door first, as you’ve probably already guessed, no sign or answer from his wife that was supposedly “in to pay”

Gotta be careful out there guys any newbies reading take note.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Aye very true @Incheck, we have a saying in the Merchant Banking world and its this:- good as Gold but Cash is King. I thought we would end up in a cashless world till I saw all the mess with the TSB Bank. Until the day that shops refuse cash then cash will always be king.

Don't there bank charge them for no money in there account.

What do go careless charge us for this.

Can you cancel a DD on gocardless in your gocardless dashboard?

Once the gocardless is set up and customer tells you to cancel the DD can this be done by ourselves

If a client choses or asks for the service to be cancelled they can either cancel the dd themselves or you can cancel it via the GC dashboard

Hey guys, quick one... When go gocardless payments enter your account, they obviously enter after the commission has been taken. Do you have to consider their commission that was taken off as part of your overall income and then put expense the commission later.... or do you just take the money that entered your account as the final income and forget the commission

Hey guys, quick one... When go gocardless payments enter your account, they obviously enter after the commission has been taken. Do you have to consider their commission that was taken off as part of your overall income and then put expense the commission later.... or do you just take the money that entered your account as the final income and forget the commission

The total payout which enters your account is income, the GC fees are an expense so at the end of every month when I get an email summarising the total payout and fees I just put the total monthly fees into expenses 

Back