Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

There’s no i in ‘team window cleaners’....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

Got undercut on a job. Arrived today after doing the neighbours house, went to start on the first window and he said not needed etc. I guess I saw it coming in a way, when I quoted them 18 months ago they said ‘that’s quite expensive’ (it’s not that bad, it’s just 8 weekly £30) and after that they never mentioned it. 

But they had a glass extension roof (£25). Quite high up, and it had metal cladding which he said don’t put a ladder against. And my A frame ladder was no where near tall enough. A tricky one.

So last time we agreed for them to find someone to do just the roof and I just do they windows, as they mentioned I did a good job & like me. Fair enough. 

But he said today that the guy who did the roof is cheaper than me so he’ll be doing the windows.

ah well. 

Yeh I know. £30 every 8 weeks wasn’t mental. 4 bed detached, windows on 3 sides. Small front porch & 4 bi-folding doors on rear extension. Took me 45-50 minutes.

In 18 months time someone will come along who’s even cheaper. 

But if I ever catch the window cleaner who’s under cut me. Oh boy.... I’ll do something sick. Really sick. Like putting a tiny bit of fairy into his tank while he’s working, so the more he scrubs the foamy it gets hahaha

na. I don’t mind too much. 

Yeh I know. £30 every 8 weeks wasn’t mental. 4 bed detached, windows on 3 sides. Small front porch & 4 bi-folding doors on rear extension. Took me 45-50 minutes.

In 18 months time someone will come along who’s even cheaper. 

But if I ever catch the window cleaner who’s under cut me. Oh boy.... I’ll do something sick. Really sick. Like putting a tiny bit of fairy into his tank while he’s working, so the more he scrubs the foamy it gets hahaha

na. I don’t mind too much. 
Only a tiny bit lol

being serious think Old timer is spot on with the combined price theory ?

Latest Posts

Back