Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which wet look sealer?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Moor

I have been asked to apply a wet look sealer to a black limestone patio to bring the colour back.  I only ever offer resiblock trade which is a matt finish so I'm unfamiliar with the wet look options, what does everyone use to achieve this finish?

Black limestone is notorious for losing its colour in an unbelievably short space of time but the good news is that its very dense as opposed to sandstone which is far more porous (less porous = less sealant needed = better profit per m2) and comes up lovely with the right sealant. My go to product for bringing colour back to it is smartseal's colour enhance natural stone sealer (not the ultimate one, the regular colour enhance) its expensive at £75 for 5 litres but on limestone it goes a very long way and you'll only need one coat.

I only use smartseal for the natural stone and pattern imprint sealants, otherwise like you I'm a Resiblock trade man

Link to the product im talking about: https://www.smartseal.co.uk/patio/natural-stone/sandstonenatural-stone-ultra-sealer-25-litre.htm

theres lots cheaper, but I stick to what I know works, same with the resiblock trade, theres cheaper alternatives (screwfix no nonsense, everbuilds versions etc) but why risk a **** job for saving a few quid

Thank you. I will check out Thompson’s however I would prefer a one coat seal if possible so I think smartseal might be the way to go. Need to check coverage as this will obviously impact the price to the customer.

Back