Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rise in tap ppm

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GSS Window Cleaning

Checked my Ppm of the water on my outside tap i fill my tank up with, its reading 110ppm and its normally around the 60-70ppm range. I know this heat affects ppm and i know the water board in summer draw water from surrounding areas which can affect the ppm of tap water. Just hoping it returns back to its lower ppm. At what ppm would you guys sugggest using an RO currently only use a DI setup and should really use a double DI.  Will keep my eye on the ppm of the outside tap over the next few weeks.

Ours is around 80-90 and we have always used ro you get a better finish on the glass and we produce 1200 ltr of pure 5 days per week and only use 25 ltr of resin per year maximum 

Same here, I always used to get around 100ppm but I checked it yesterday and the tap water was 350ppm! Also bit less pressure than before. Which is annoying as I used to get 0ppm product without using resin (confirmed by 3 TDs meters) but now I'm getting 11ppm.. don't know whether to get some resin to polish it off or replace the 5yr old membranes.

Same here, I always used to get around 100ppm but I checked it yesterday and the tap water was 350ppm! Also bit less pressure than before. Which is annoying as I used to get 0ppm product without using resin (confirmed by 3 TDs meters) but now I'm getting 11ppm.. don't know whether to get some resin to polish it off or replace the 5yr old membranes.
At 5 years old that is some going for RO membranes if your water production has increased over the years as your rounds have grown then the membranes will have ended up clogging up and become less effective overtime, But a tap tds of 350ppm to get a pure output of 11ppm is really good

In the past year my ppm has ranged from 59ppm to 130ppm (new build estate up the road, I believe).
It's currently running at 74ppm which is looking like the average. I'm double Di and change my resin every 3-4 weeks on average.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

In the past year my ppm has ranged from 59ppm to 130ppm (new build estate up the road, I believe).
It's currently running at 74ppm which is looking like the average. I'm double Di and change my resin every 3-4 weeks on average.

If your changing your resin every 3-4 wees, why don’t you get an R.O? It will be cheaper in the long run ?

If your changing your resin every 3-4 wees, why don’t you get an R.O? It will be cheaper in the long run [emoji106]
I was thinking that especially when it was running at 130ppm, and having been wfp for over a year and getting to grips with it all, it would be the next logical step.
I'll look at it after the holidays

Me too. My tap water back in Feb when I started was 80ppm. Now, for whatever reason, I'm hoping it's the heat/hot weather, it's shot up to 350ppm! I'm just hoping once we get back to 'normal' it'll come back down but I'm not holding my breath

We’ve noticed a small rise, the norm is 30-70, we are now ranging between 50 & 90. Double di here no RO, change resin approx 3-4 times a year depending on how busy we are. Probably will be a bit more frequent if the tds remains high but it’s not a big worry for us at present. As long as the tds meter stays well below 100 i’m happy

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've noticed a pattern here for the past week. If I test the tap water in the day it's around 400ppm. If I test it at night it's around 270ppm. Before all this hot weather I used to get 100ppm.

This day night pattern has been the same for the past week now. If I could produce enough, I think I'd only fill the tank at night.

Usually 65ppm up here but now 75ppm in morning, will check night time later to see if there is a difference. Reservoirs are running dry and more ppm as you go nearer the bottom I presume. 

Back