Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Silent assassin!

BigFoot

Finished a job and whilst posting my invoice through the letterbox a dog on the other side waiting silently clamped onto my fingers instantly! The little git premeditated that attack! Bit of blood, shake of the head, first aid and on to the next job but do you think I could post invoices on other jobs? That dog got into my head. Might need therapy...

I've got one that always waits for my fingers, and it came within a hairs breadth of getting me the first time.

Aggressive dogs like that shouldn't be able to get to the front door, you could have lost a finger!

With my particular hound from hell I've learnt the process:- I throw a pebble at the back gate, I hear the dog shoot down the hallway to the back of the house, I quickly post, 2-3 seconds later BANG! the dog crashes into the front door.. Victory!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one that always waits for my fingers, and it came within a hairs breadth of getting me the first time. I've learnt the process now though- I throw a pebble at the back gate, I hear the dog shoot down the hallway to the back of the house, I quickly post, 2-3 seconds later BANG! the dog crashes into the front door.. Victory!
I’ve been cleaning this property for ages and never a problem so I was totally off guard. Glad I had alcohol sanitizer in the van though.

I knew a hairdresser that had to get stitches after posting after a dog bit her hand through a letter box. As you can imagine, in her line of work it caused massive problems for her!

You can buy small devices to push letters and stuff through, but to be honest something like a old rolled up magazine works. Just something thick enough to push the invoice through no bother. 

Just text the bill over i always do this when I’ve got their mobile number. If the dog chews your hand it will more than likely tear the bill to shreds too, & when the customer comes home to tiny pieces of shredded paper they cant read the details to pay it...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

A mate had a nasty doberman as a pet........ha!, read attack dog.  Anyway, he gets home one saturday afternoon, his mrs is still out so he is dapping around the house on his own with the dog only half giving him the usual greeting.  After a while he notices the dog is constantly trying to clear its throat, fur-ball he thinks and gives the dog a bit of a pat on the chest to help it out.  Out onto the floor pops a half a finger.

Being a fellow with a tactical past he does a sweep of the house and finds that the downstairs khazi window is unlatched and there is evidence of red stuff on the window sill, small window one of those around 4 - 5 feet up and just about big enough to slither through.

Conclusion:  Some toady had tried to get in and the dog had taken his finger off.  He reports it to plod, one surprisingly pops around and gives him the whisper that the burglar could actually take out a complaint for a dangerous dog, and seeing as a finger had been amputated, the toady would probably win and the dog may get put down.  It never came to that but, worth thinking about.

Back