Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Winter

You might get a few drop off or ask you to come back next summer. 

If they ask this don't just say yes. It would be better to say ok I will take you off the round but can't guarantee i will have room in the round by next summer. Ok it might be a job for several weeks) months a year but you could replace it with one that is happy to have you all year. 

You got bills to pay same as everyone else. ?

@Gav you beat me to it! As Gav said you'll get some try to get to to come back in spring. Depending on the type of customers they've been up either say I'll be back if I have space or if they've been late payers or skipped a clean or 2 I just flat out say "I don't offer a seasonal service only a year round service". Only ever had one change they're mind.

Charge more when the goings good that’s what i’m learning. April May and June you’ll have work coming out of your ears and you can’t get it done fast enough.
It drops off a little in July & august due to summer holidays but will stay relatively busy until christmas. From mid-november through to new year it’s usually quite promising on gutter clearances as its our rainy season, so that’s a good time to capitalize by doubling it up with FSG cleans. February & march are by far the worst months for us. Demand is consistently next to non existent and the weather/daylight hours are so poor that you struggle to keep up with regular work anyway, so we couldn’t take much more on even if we wanted to.
The climate is posing greater problems all the time. This year it snowed more than i’ve seen in my lifetime, i think we lost 7 working days over a 10 day period either to being snowed in or simply because it was well below zero. Conservatory roof turned to sheet ice as i was cleaning it and the run off turned the patio in to an ice rink, it was a disaster.
I recently passed out of heat stroke and missed a day due to that.
We usually lose around 20 working days per year for various reasons, (weather, van MOT’s & maintenance, the odd illness maybe) it’s effectively a month lost if you work Mon-fri.
You’re always learning in business, every year you wise up to things. I reckon i’ll just about have it nailed by retirement [emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi all, this winter will be my 1st as a window cleaner, build up a good round so far and i feel ive weeded out most of the messers, just wanted to see what or if people lost many customers over winter.

Many thanks

I see winter as a oppurtunity to grow, the fairweather  and beer token windies dissapear......so better for us.

You might get a few drop off or ask you to come back next summer. 

If they ask this don't just say yes. It would be better to say ok I will take you off the round but can't guarantee i will have room in the round by next summer. Ok it might be a job for several weeks) months a year but you could replace it with one that is happy to have you all year. 

You got bills to pay same as everyone else. [emoji6]
We always just say we window clean all year round and the price reflects that

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile appSept-Dec we will be looking to acquire the vans off all the fair weather windies that can’t be bothered and have finance to settle ,

Always deals to be had that time of year lol

Latest Posts

Back