Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New 4 storey work slx

Den

Picked up some 4 storey work used a Slx25 plus extensions 6&7 was at full stretch I'm 6'2" lucky no wind or even breeze gonna order another extension #8 to make sure It's safe I don't recommend anyone trying that unless your big as  @Part Timer ?

Thing is it's well priced, but having a old shoulder injury flare up the last week causing grief and my son was to short to do them full stretch, all future poles will be extremes. 

Thing is it's well priced, but having a old shoulder injury flare up the last week causing grief and my son was to short to do them full stretch, all future poles will be extremes. 
Next time I'm down I'll lend you my 47' with the 45cm brush, that'll cattle truck your other shoulder so you can moan about that on here as well. "Alex Alex" can you send me a free light brush as I've now got 2 bad shoulders ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright fellas does anyone know if I bought an extreme 22 but i want to make it longer can I add the last section of a slx 27 to the extreme 22?

45mm brush sounds about right for me haha, 25cm ultimate brush is my limit hate getting old, can't believe your doing so well a decade or two my senior ?

I do a job that's 6 floors and the distance between each floor is big so the building is really high.

I use an Extreme 47 with triple extension pack and at that height it's no fun at all.

If your not use to it once you go 4 floors and above WFP becomes a completely different game.

Try not to over stretch and reach using a pole that's to short.You will end up giving you self an injury.

I do a job that's 6 floors and the distance between each floor is big so the building is really high.

I use an Extreme 47 with triple extension pack and at that height it's no fun at all.

If your not use to it once you go 4 floors and above WFP becomes a completely different game.

Try not to over stretch and reach using a pole that's to short.You will end up giving you self an injury.
Yes I knew was pushing my luck yesterday even just the 1 extra extension would have made a big difference,going to get the extra extension for theses couple of jobs If I get many more then I would seriously consider the extreme 47.

wouldnt fancy poling 4 and above for too many long periods at a time especially with this dicky shoulder of mine. 

Alright fellas does anyone know if I bought an extreme 22 but i want to make it longer can I add the last section of a slx 27 to the extreme 22?
Try it on Friday with my Slx 22 base section, just remind me to put it in the van or just call up I have 2 brand new Slx sections #4 & #5 sitting doing nothing for the last 18 months so you might get away with a 18ft and I can sell you the other sections at a discounted price

County Durham Lad

I do two windows at 4 story . Absolute killer with six 22 and 2 extensions, I just about reach them.  Even worse with an ultimate on compared to an extreme 

Balcony access? Do you also have to do inside glass on balconies ?

Exterior windows the balcony’s are stainless steel wire no glass, but we have free access through each flat as the students don’t return untill the beginning of September Ime waiting for them to come back with dates to do it towards the end of August 

Exterior windows the balcony’s are stainless steel wire no glass, but we have free access through each flat as the students don’t return untill the beginning of September Ime waiting for them to come back with dates to do it towards the end of August 
Enjoy ? Can you not do communal stairwell windows from balconies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy ? Can you not do communal stairwell windows from balconies?

I did think that myself you can reach the centre panels but not the side ones they are set back are set back more than the picture shows , this is a section of the front of the building 

2A90FB2F-8F74-4B45-A3CC-A6FA3B3D7213.jpeg

A3D80C11-3D74-4CD8-9883-A65BB795EF2A.jpeg

A60E4E0E-DC4E-4061-95AB-075D1A008DDB.jpeg

4DFA0978-DB9A-49BB-89F2-8656498009DC.jpeg

But if you have access from both side balconies can you not do opposite sides. In other words from the left balcony do the windows besides the right balcony and vice versa. 

I dont think it will work work but I will give it a try easier on the arms than a 65 foot pole ????

Latest Posts

Back