Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone know what’s happened to this sill?

Sam Hodgson

So I did a first clean on a house 8 weeks ago. Her windows came up brand sparking new and are 5 years old.

This time when I went they all came up brand new apart from one window that has fully stained. Only thing I can think of is the sun has discoloured it but it doesn’t seem consistent.

here are the pics of how it looks now...

23999752-B88E-41A4-8047-BF6F0F44AC67.jpeg

There is a gap where she’s had the window open...

C46C5C7F-420E-4276-B6E5-3D389814CF35.jpeg

Me to?I thought possibly it was debris from an extension that was happening about five or six houses down fine dust from the build landing on the sill. And the customer has not bothered to wipe it off and it has stained.

I tried to get it off with a magic sponge and some pink stuff but it didn't really budge.?

Pure water left on the sill and sun stained it? Can’t think what else has done it. As it’s only happened to one of my houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

A large amount of upvc  was made a while back which discolours really quickly from what I've heard, could be that. Either way not your fault.

Pure water left on the sill and sun stained it? Can’t think what else has done it. As it’s only happened to one of my houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
I was worrying that perhaps that was it but it can’t be as all other windows on the same side of the house were fine and if pure water was the case then I think we’d all be in a lot of trouble with the weather lately!

the only other thing I could think of which is far fetched is that maybe they’ve had wasps nests treated above the windows and the spray has gone on the sills and effected it?

A large amount of upvc  was made a while back which discolours really quickly from what I've heard, could be that. Either way not your fault.
The upvc is 5yrs old though and looked literally brand new after the first clean. I can’t believe it would suddenly discolour these past 8 weeks?

And it only stained recently?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

So weird....just shows, there's so many ways a customer could try pin stuff on you

To be fair I think she’s as baffled as me, she saw the we’re oerfect last time I cleaned them and think she just assumed that it was dust that had built up as they’re near a main road and that when I next came they’d be perfect again.

To be fair I think she’s as baffled as me, she saw the we’re oerfect last time I cleaned them and think she just assumed that it was dust that had built up as they’re near a main road and that when I next came they’d be perfect again.
Really good to know though, i had no idea this **** could happen. I'd be very interested to know the route cause if you find out mate.

I had the exact same. The customer had some bushes cut down to stumps, we believe the shavings blew onto the sill and left and ended up staining. This is the only thing that changed in-between cleans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back