Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dear WCF Community.....

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
It's time to give our forum and all you members some love.

For some time the adverts on this forum have grown to cover our growing costs, we have tried to help members see fewer ads by way of a supporter status subscription and donation buttons but none ever really amount to much compared to ads. (The supporter subscription will be depreciated from today along with the chatbox)

The time has come however to give you all and the forum some love (possibly at my own expense) but a happy and fast loading community that puts its focus on members and discussion and not ads is surely a step in the right direction.

I have given this a lot of thought while also running several tests. Now you might be hoping they all go for good, I wish that were possible, sadly that won't happen BUT there will be a vast improvement!

As you might have already noticed I have adjusted the Google Adsense placement on the forum in several areas to ensure that you get a better experience navigating the forum and interacting with content and discussions. I have also adjusted sponsor ads. The main issue previously was less about the amount of ads but more about the fact that ads were not well placed and just got in the way. So although I haven't removed any as yet they are placed better. 

The bit that I hope you will appreciate is that you will now be rewarded for being active members. You will see less google Adsense ads the more posts you make!

At the moment I am still testing the new placements but very roughly I invisage it working something along the lines of this. 

New members and guests (not logged in) will see all google ads

Members with 200 plus posts will see 1 less google ad

Members with 500 plus posts will see 2 less google ads

Members with 2000 plus posts will see 3 less google ads

NOTE: All member will see sponsor ads.

This is likely to be implemented in the next 2-3 weeks.

I really hope this improves the usability of the forum for you all and makes it a more enjoyable place to be.

In addition, I have also been working on some slight changes to the forum colours and accents to give it a less drab feel and help content stand out first and foremost. This theme is now live for everyone and is the default theme. 

This will also bring a bit more of a modern feel to the community.

Thanks to every one of you who contribute and make the community a great place to be.

does this affect the mobile version of site?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yes, the browser version that is. As our site is responsive and adjust to all screen sizes.

It won't affect the app though, as is a different piece of software although it pulls the same info. The only thing that has changed with the app is our new branding and very slight colour change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back