Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Health insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gwindows

Hi do any of you have some kind of insurance for if you get ill or break a limb.Which would pay for loss  of earnings  whilst unwell .??????

I have life insurance and critical illness cover with the same company, but I do not have cover for what the OP was asking about. I believe its called permanent health insurance but I also believe its costly.

My life cover also pays the mortgage and lump sum for wife and kids.

@LaWzssts
This kind of thing perhaps

No health insurance but I do have a £20k emergency fund I could dip into if needed.if you save a decent amount of money in the bank you don't need health insurance IMO....

No health insurance but I do have a £20k emergency fund I could dip into if needed.if you save a decent amount of money in the bank you don't need health insurance IMO....
It does depend on how much 'health insurance' costs and how much it would pay out. i.e. if it's £120 a year (I haven't a clue) but would pay you £20K a year if you couldn't work, then it could be a good investment. That said it's always good to have savings in the event of something unexpected happening.

It does depend on how much 'health insurance' costs and how much it would pay out. i.e. if it's £120 a year (I haven't a clue) but would pay you £20K a year if you couldn't work, then it could be a good investment. That said it's always good to have savings in the event of something unexpected happening.
The problem with most is there is very strict guidelines before they pay out , such things like you have to be hospitalised for 7-10 days , or they won’t pay for the first 7 days there is so many get out clauses in the small print I had mine with cica they no longer sell policies unless you are already with them it was a good policy but very expensive. Most are very difficult to understand , I personally feel if you want to pay that much over month it’s probably more viable to put the money into another account and use it if you fall ill I cannot remember how much I paid per month but at the time it would have paid me £800 per month but this was 15 + years ago so that was a fair amount back then .

These companies will try and wriggle out of paying you with so many clauses buried in the small writing.im always adding to my savings every month.....I've also got other money tucked away in different bank accounts that is also getting added to every month.

Had health insurance when I started out after a few years cancelled it put money aside in premium bonds a chance to win and easy to get at if needed

Back