Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Website building

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bobd

Just wondered if any of you have had a crack at building your own website? If so have any of you used WordPress and what package did you go for? Is the £7 a month deal sufficient for running a small window cleaning website? Cheers. 

I haven't built my own site as it's like rocket science to me,  but I use http://tsohost.com  for hosting and pay about £12.00 a year I think it is and it's more than sufficient  @Gav does website building and hosting packages and maybe able to advise also @THL4KEL has built his own site so may be able to also advise if your on a budget

Hi @Bobd wordpress is a great software to use for a site. 30% of the internet runs on wordpress!

There are so many how to videos out there you probably could do it yourself. 

Trouble is there is a difference between muddling a site together on a cheap host and it not performing to having it done well. Not to mention the upkeep of the WordPress software and plugins and fixing things if they break which at times they will. 

It is totally possible to setup a site on wordpress without to much trouble though. 

One thing to remember I think is it's one thing building a website it's another thing doing effective SEO. Kieran did mine for me. Did a great job he has an advert on the forum running SEO for cleaners I think and he's good on price. 

Ok thanks for the advice. I'm not bad using a computer so I'll probably be able to do it myself. It's just having to pay the years subscription up front. Having not long started up I only have a small customer base so I'm not bringing much in. It's a pity they don't allow you to pay monthly on WordPress. Would the £7 monthly subscription be enough do you know? 

Possibly it really depends what you get for the £7.

If it's just basic shared hosting then it might be a little slow. You might have to create and setup the database for wordpress if they don't have an auto installer which half the time don't work great anyway. 

Really depends what you get for the £7 probably not a great deal. 

Back