Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facsia and sofit cleaning

procleangutters

Hi all.

I am looking for advice on what to use to clean fascia and soffits? I am starting up a gutter cleaning business and have purchased the skyvac industrial vacuum along with the inspection camera. What would you recommend to use for fascia and soffit cleaning.

I see there is a telescopic pole brush system on ebay with a knapsack? Would this be suitable?  

Personally I would go with Gardiners products although more expensive for your initial outlay they will stand the test of time and their customer service is first class, they have a solid reputation with quality products.

I'd definitely avoid that, I know someone who bought one, lasted 6 weeks! Go with Gardiner's or water genie from the cleaning warehouse (I use them a little cheaper but very good, I'd say pretty much on par with Gardiner's

A good investment is a hosepipe and the x-hose from argos you can connect up to the customers outside tap and it gives amazing reach, you can soak the gutters with the hose, dip your brush in de-greaser or tfr whatever you want to use, lather up the plastics & then the x-hose again for the rinse down. It saves a lot of time and soaking with wfp pencil jets isnt the quickest or most comfortable when you compare to using the x-hoze. The straight projection nozzle is brilliant. Great for first cleans on windows as well, rinse down really boggy windows with bog standard tap water that gets rid of the majority of soot and dust, it then makes the window clean much easier when it comes to wfp & purified. Always account for cleaning the windows when doing gutter cleaning as we all know “s**t flows down”

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

A good investment is a hosepipe and the x-hose from argos you can connect up to the customers outside tap and it gives amazing reach, you can soak the gutters with the hose, dip your brush in de-greaser or tfr whatever you want to use, lather up the plastics & then the x-hose again for the rinse down. It saves a lot of time and soaking with wfp pencil jets isnt the quickest or most comfortable when you compare to using the x-hoze. The straight projection nozzle is brilliant. Great for first cleans on windows as well, rinse down really boggy windows with bog standard tap water that gets rid of the majority of soot and dust, it then makes the window clean much easier when it comes to wfp & purified. Always account for cleaning the windows when doing gutter cleaning as we all know “s**t flows down”

Agree totally. The X-hose is what I use. Much easier than WFP.  Using pencil jets of a WFP is tedious and you'll soon get tired of the job. On average water pressure of most houses you'll easily reach the guttering and often over with the X-hose. 

Cheaper here on Amazon by a couple of quid but shop around. 

I bought mine for £8 and exact same item.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XHOSE-Connects-Standard-Garden-Control/dp/B00X8UXNHG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1532888250&sr=8-13&keywords=xhose+spray+gun

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought xhose would be messy and needs an outside tap. Gardiners backpack with a little degreaser in it and the fan jets and sill brush do the rest. Hot water would even make life easier. Then change over to other tap water backpack and rinse away, half an hour a side and I charge £100 but I do clear the gutters with a progutter tool fixed to a paint pole, 30mins also. Front and back done in 2hrs so £50 an hour. But the two pole idea, one for FSG and the other for windows is the way to go if one wants to save time after you have bought a good gutter vac and camera. The more you invest in equipment in this game the quicker you become, I am beginning to notice. 

What do yous think of the x hose v fan jets ?
I’ve never used fan jets & i’m not in a massive rush. Apparently they break easier than pencil jets, i’ve never had a pencil jet break. Not that i’ve got anything against fan jets but i’ve never really had any specific requirement for them. Especially now that i’ve bought the benz nozzles for soft washing. I could always use them if it came to it but haven’t found the need yet. Good old soak & dip of the brush ain’t done me wrong yet. The x-hose does get water everywhere but i just think its quicker than any other method and as long as the windows are shut no big deal, & if it’s chucking it down it makes no difference whatsoever to the amount of water being present.

You are right about the fan jets breaking when cleaning the FSG. I just removed fan jet and bore hole to 6mm and glued the hose directly into the brush and then stuck the broken fan jet into the hose from opposite side of brush. Never had a problem because I removed the weak spot protruding from brush head. Cant understand why no one supplies brass fan jets like the pencil ones I have. :1f644:

You are right about the fan jets breaking when cleaning the FSG. I just removed fan jet and bore hole to 6mm and glued the hose directly into the brush and then stuck the broken fan jet into the hose from opposite side of brush. Never had a problem because I removed the weak spot protruding from brush head. Cant understand why no one supplies brass fan jets like the pencil ones I have. :1f644:
You can get them from cleaning spot but apparently they're poo

Back