Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

from one pole set up to two help

Will be changing my wfp setup to two poles soon what's the best battery and pump to buy as I have a normal sureflo pump and won't be strong enough to run two poles 

Is it possible to buy wyedale tanks that already have 2 outlets installed? I have had a look but can find any so not sure if they do them or if its going to be a diy job. For time being I will run it from the same outlet

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

As long as your running 1/2 inch hose to the splitter you'll be fine, due to the volume of water being so much greater then what can go through 2 microbore hoses

As long as your running 1/2 inch hose to the splitter you'll be fine, due to the volume of water being so much greater then what can go through 2 microbore hoses
So due to the 1/2 being able to supply more volume does that mean each pump will get sufficient water without them both fighting against the other. I was thinking would one pump maybe starve the other?

When people said splitters I assumed we were talking JG splitters. I could be wrong but I would assume you would lose some pressure on a T splitter when the water hits the join?

I don't run a 2 man system just yet, it is in my plans eventually but I always thought I would go with one of these;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings/1-2-fittings/john-guest-1-2-two-way-divider.html

Then just install a shut off valve after the split on both lines so you can turn it off and divert the flow when you only want one line. Since I moved to JG fittings I never have the controller set on over half flow so i have always assumed my 100psi pump would comfortably run a 2 man system as long as I stick with mini bore hose instead of micro bore. Always happy to be corrected on this of course but this was my theory.

This type of connection could be easily used to split your tank outlet too. Again if you're going with 2 pumps it would be worth installing a splitter like the one above, then install a couple of shut off valves to allow easy maintenance of your system.

@p4dstar have you noticed improvement in your system since youve been using jg fitting? Iv never used them on my main system so dont know the difference. That splitter you linked to looks decent but i have already ordered mine, i ordered Y shape plastic ones in the end. One thing I hadnt thought of though is a shut off valve, will be ordering some of them so thanks for the info [emoji1360]

@p4dstar have you noticed improvement in your system since youve been using jg fitting? Iv never used them on my main system so dont know the difference. That splitter you linked to looks decent but i have already ordered mine, i ordered Y shape plastic ones in the end. One thing I hadnt thought of though is a shut off valve, will be ordering some of them so thanks for the info
emoji1360.png

One of the best moves I've made. Previously I had an elbow connection out of the tank and clear plastic garden type hose. It was all held together with jubilee clips. The JG stuff is all nice and professional looking, no rusty jubilee clips in sight. The flow has been better through the system. I have a spring controller which has settings from 1-99, previously I had to set the pump at about 60, since I put the JG fittings in I set it at 40 for maintenance cleans and 45 for first cleans.

The only bad point is the connection on my hose reel. I have an Agratti hose reel and I got a JG connector to go straight into it. Because the reel spins the littler washer wore out pretty quickly and needs to be changed... To be fair though they are only 25p from Gardiners and a 5 minute job.

Latest Posts

Back