Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

High Water readings

Can any one tell me why after changing the RO plus the 2 small carbon filters and new resin why my water reading is registering 6?.

You need to identify why your pure after di is so high.

But to identify the problem you need to start at the beginning. Unfortunately you haven't provided us enough information to help with your problem solving.

What is your tap water tds?

What is your tds after the r/o membrane/membranes? (If you have more than 1 membrane, a separate tds reading from each would help.) We know the final tds.

What r/o have you got?

What di vessel have you got?

When did you change the membrane/membranes?

What is your water pressure.

What is your pure to waste ratio when producing water?

A picture paints a a thousand words but so does as much info as possible as well, Same as Spruce more info the better

County Durham Lad

Our tds levels have now doubled. We are at 130ppm out of the tap instead of the normal 30-70 ish.
If it continues long term its not good as it means we will be using twice as much resin. Currently run a double DI which isnt really economical for anything over 100ppm. Normally change resin every 3-4 months, it’s only been a month and nearing the change again as once it gets to 10ppm i change the resin [emoji53]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you did not flush your membranes and went straight into production mode your resin will be exhausted in no time. That may be the problem if you did not flush until you got around 95% rejection rate before starting to produce pure.

If you did not flush your membranes and went straight into production mode your resin will be exhausted in no time. That may be the problem if you did not flush until you got around 95% rejection rate before starting to produce pure.
When I got new membranes from Doug it took a good hour of flushing to get the tds down and then it was still slightly higher than usual which then dropped to normal levels after a days normal use

Definitely worth flushing properly to start with

I may be wrong but I think decent membranes come with preservative in them which must need flushing out

Just something I heard somewhere

Couldn't have been that important. He hasn't logged in since his post unless he has read replies via email.

I find it most annoying when we take the trouble to try to help and they couldn't be bothered to respond.

Couldn't have been that important. He hasn't logged in since his post unless he has read replies via email.

I find it most annoying when we take the trouble to try to help and they couldn't be bothered to respond.
This sort of of thing bugs me in general and has on here for months it seems for some that good manners have gone out of the window only takes a minute or less to say thank you.

County Durham Lad

He ain't been on since he posted the question, time the new enforcement, team of [mention=2837]Clisty1989[/mention]or [mention=3115]Iron Giant[/mention]bared their teeth [emoji39]
Nowt much we can do if a person decides to put up a post and then doesn't bother to come back onto the forum it's entirely their choice.

County Durham Lad

This sort of of thing bugs me in general and has on here for months it seems for some that good manners have gone out of the window only takes a minute or less to say thank you.

County Durham Lad

Nowt much we can do if a person decides to put up a post and then doesn't bother to come back onto the forum it's entirely their choice.

County Durham Lad

On a positive side we all learn from the comments of other posters so all isn't lost. Take the response of @doug atkinsonin this thread as an example. ?

But its always good to hear first hand from the O/P what the solution was to his problem.

When I was admin on another forum nothing to do with window cleaning, all non posters was asked to either get in involved  or had their account deactivated as it makes no senses to have inflated member numbers that don't contribute to discussions.

When I was admin on another forum nothing to do with window cleaning, all non posters was asked to either get in involved  or had their account deactivated as it makes no senses to have inflated member numbers that don't contribute to discussions.

There is only about 10 of us on here on a regular basis ??,

County Durham Lad

There is only about 10 of us on here on a regular basis ??,

County Durham Lad

?? 

we had approx 3000 members and before we stated to cull non posting member there was Approx 700 with 0 posts used to log on regular and never got involved and another probably another 500 members with less than 10 posts it worked well as even the shy started to post.

Back