Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GUTTER VAC reviews and prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jordan

Hiya, I'm looking in buying a gutter vac for commerical jobs but I will be using for domestic properties too 

i would like on that reaches 3 storey gutterings maybe even 4 

I want something light and something that will last i will only be using 3 times a week probably !

I have a budget of £750-1400 can you recommend the best one for that price ?

reviews would be appreciated as i've never used one before ? what attachments do you recoommend is it worth getting one with a camera ? Thanks guys

Sky vac are very good bit expensive , Grippatank do a vac system that’s ok , if you have never used one trying to do 4 storey stuff will be a bit like passing your driving test and then jumping into a formula one car , it would be best to get some experience of doing two storey houses first once you are compitant and know what you are doing ie don’t work towards the end caps on gutters  if you knock them off at 4 storey you are in trouble as you cannot put them back on at that height , using a guttervac is a skill that takes time to master that’s why some on hear will say that they arnt any good or that it’s quicker to do it from a ladder . You will still occasionally need a ladder for some jobs . Cameras are very useful but get a decent one cheapies can quite often not give good picture quality in a dark dirty black gutter , it’s a fact that you get what you pay for if you intend doing this on a regular basis by decent kit if it’s just now and again you would probbe better off using a ladder as cheap vacs block easily , ideally you want a side entry vac high ltr per muinit flow and 51mm hose diameter and poles as this will be less likely to block and will swallow up bigger bits of moss etc the smaller hoses choke up quickly , again if you can afford it get carbon poles as they are much lighter and nice to work with , again be careful as there are companies out there claiming that there poles are 100% carbon and they arnt , again skyvac or Grippatank poles are very good but not cheap 

I have a sky vac. Good bit of kit. I only have 30ft of poles though, not interested in clearing out anything higher. I used to think guttering vac-ing is brilliant and couldn’t wait to do it. Now it’s definitely the most boring service I offer, and if it hasn’t rained for a couple of weeks and everything’s rock solid dry in the gutters everything is such a pain in the you know what, constantly have to take the poles apart to bang out a tiny bit of moss that wasn’t getting sucked up. Clearing out gutters 10x better in the rain. 

Enjoy!

*sorry I just re-read my post. I sound really depressing! lol

Yes as I said sky vac a good bit of kit, I recommend them. Me & a mate went halves so only cost £350 each and we share it, I only use it twice a month really anyway. 

*sorry I just re-read my post. I sound really depressing! lol

Yes as I said sky vac a good bit of kit, I recommend them. Me & a mate went halves so only cost £350 each and we share it, I only use it twice a month really anyway. 
£700.. what one did you get? 20/30ft??

Any skyvac I look at online is costing more than that.Did you get the camera and all with it?

Actually think it was £320ish each. It came with 20ft of poles, but paid extra for 2 more poles to make 30ft. I don’t know the name of the vac I’m afraid. Bought it in December ‘15. 

Hmmm rings a bell. Could be. I’ll take a photo next time im using it. But I think they’re all pretty good 

The only thing a wish is the drum was abit bigger, and I wish it had a water out let at the bottom to drain out water, cause it weighs a time if they’re sucking up loads of water 

Hmmm rings a bell. Could be. I’ll take a photo next time im using it. But I think they’re all pretty good 

The only thing a wish is the drum was abit bigger, and I wish it had a water out let at the bottom to drain out water, cause it weighs a time if they’re sucking up loads of water 
Get this off eBay and fit it to your drum. Miles better than  the cheap Chinese vacs hose which just clog up.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153030757117

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back