Jump to content
Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Gordonuk

Best Water Fed Pole brand to use?



Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

 

I run a Property Services company and we are thinking about employing someone to do the window cleaning services which we had originally subbed out to another company. What I would like to know is can anyone recommend the best Water Fed Pole brand to buy or lease?

 

Recommendations for Water Fed Pole Systems on their own? Or with a van would be welcome.

 

Also what should I expect to pay for one of these systems on their own? And with a van already installed?

 

We hope to do 10 residential properties per day using the Water Fed Pole system and so are looking for a Hot Water System with a tank of between 400 to 500 Litres. And a filter system of course too.

 

Any recommendations and examples of your personal experiences would be great.

 

Many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The main players are:

 

Grippatank  - Not really heard any bad reviews

Ionics - Good quality but very expensive (Pure2o range may be worth considering)

Pure Freedom - Pretty good - probably cheaper than the above two

Xline - Good quality I believe but you must like the colour orange!

 

One consideration is how close you are to them in case you need to return to get problems fixed. Also 'phone around and ask for a quote ....

 

Mine is a DIY setup (system parts mainly from Pure Freedom and poles from Gardiner) and does the same job as all the above but cost £2k to £3k less!

 

 

Edited by Cookie
x

Share this post


Link to post
 

When you say "10 residential properties" are these standard 2, 3, 4 bed houses or HMO's, if the first then 10 homes isn't many and you wouldn't need a tank that size. Do you know if you're hard or soft water as this will affect what you need. Being in the business and doing a lot of work with a property maintenance company can you not find a good sole trader that could give you good prices for a substantial contract, 50 houses a week?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cookie said:

The main players are:

 

Grippatank  - Not really heard any bad reviews

Ionics - Good quality but very expensive (Pure2o range may be worth considering)

Pure Freedom - Pretty good - probably cheaper than the above two

Xline - Good quality I believe but you must like the colour orange!

 

One consideration is how close you are to them in case you need to return to get problems fixed. Also 'phone around and ask for a quote ....

 

Mine is a DIY setup (system parts mainly from Pure Freedom and poles from Gardiner) and does the same job as all the above but cost £2k to £3k less!

 

 

Hi Cookie,

 

Thanks for your reply. I am in London and I am not sure where these companies are based but I will definitely look at all the companies you mentioned. With regards to the DIY set up who that be suitable for me? And how easy is it all to put together for a novice? Or is it possible to hire someone to put a DIY system together if you purchase the parts?

 

Also I mentioned in my original post we hope to do 10 residential properties 3/4 bedroom houses in your experience using the Water Fed Pole system how many properties of this size could you hope to do in one day say working 8 hours?

 

Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

When you say "10 residential properties" are these standard 2, 3, 4 bed houses or HMO's, if the first then 10 homes isn't many and you wouldn't need a tank that size. Do you know if you're hard or soft water as this will affect what you need. Being in the business and doing a lot of work with a property maintenance company can you not find a good sole trader that could give you good prices for a substantial contract, 50 houses a week?

Hi Part Timer,

 

Thanks for your reply. Yes these would be average 3/4 bedroom houses. Does this not sound like a lot to do per day? With the Water Fed Pole system what would be a reasonable amount of properties to do in an 8 hour day?

 

And I am in north London but I am not sure if we are in a hard water or soft water area. Is this important? And why?

 

And I would prefer to hire a window cleaner myself and get all the equipment so that I can grow this side of the business. We were sub-contracting it out before.

 

Many thanks,

Share this post


Link to post

I think @Part Timer has put it into perspective there. 50 houses a week (if it just houses), it would take you a long time to make the money back you would need to put into this. The only feasible way would be to make a DIY system if there isn't too much red tape stopping you. A decent Ionics system cost a mate of mine 10K, installed with poles etc etc.... Also I think that included the cost of his van although I never asked so can't be sure.

 

Then you have to factor in the training side of it, the whole point is to have clean windows at the end of it. It isn't a case of turning up and just whacking the pole over a few windows and leaving, there is a technique to learn otherwise you may as well just spray the windows with a hose and use a car wash brush. I expect a sole trader somewhere would pick up a contract with 50 houses a week for somewhere near what it costs you to pay the work force and diesel.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I think @Part Timer has put it into perspective there. 50 houses a week (if it just houses), it would take you a long time to make the money back you would need to put into this. The only feasible way would be to make a DIY system if there isn't too much red tape stopping you. A decent Ionics system cost a mate of mine 10K, installed with poles etc etc.... Also I think that included the cost of his van although I never asked so can't be sure.

 

Then you have to factor in the training side of it, the whole point is to have clean windows at the end of it. It isn't a case of turning up and just whacking the pole over a few windows and leaving, there is a technique to learn otherwise you may as well just spray the windows with a hose and use a car wash brush. I expect a sole trader somewhere would pick up a contract with 50 houses a week for somewhere near what it costs you to pay the work force and diesel.

Hi P4dstar,

 

Thanks for your informative reply.

 

If I did purchase a decent Water Fed Pole system how many houses per day would be a reasonable target? I was just being conservative with the 10 houses per day. I have read another post where a window cleaner said that they do 30 houses a day? So what do you think would be a reasonable target for us? How many properties? I would like to have some idea of what we should aim for.

 

With regards to the DIY system this is definitely something I would be interested in as I hear it cuts down the cost considerably. What do you mean if there isnt too much red tape stopping me?

 

And with regards to training. Some of the companies who sell the Water Fed Pole system actually offer training as well. So we were planning to hire someone to get them trained up.

Share this post


Link to post

As stated- a professional one is going to cost you a lot. You’ll get small change out of £9K/£10k with a 500L hot water system with the inbuilt R.O filters etc. Then it’s the price of the actual van. 

 

I built my own d.i.y system, 500L system (cold water) but GrippaTank hose & Gardiner pumps & poles (the best poles in mine and many’s opinion) altogether about £1000. Then I have a separate filter system in my garden which cost me £400.00.

 

i believe @GrippaTANK offer ready made vans. @xline-systems are on here too. Both look really really smart. If you want to go down the expensive but super quality looking systems ‘dem ur boys’. Look them up on YouTube. Depends what budget you have. 

Share this post


Link to post

I recently was given a courtesy van from my insurance as I had a ambulance smash into me. It had a Ionics 600L self purifying system, with a ionic diesel ‘hot box’ to make hot water.

What an incredible bit of kit. As said before pretty expensive but they know they’re stuff. I had the Ionics ‘vitan’ system. Ah beautiful!!

 

i emailed them on the weekend to ask Just how much their ‘diesel hotbox’ was, as I would like hot water one day. £3,300+Vat (includes them fitting it) you could fit your own d.i.y tank & add a hot box or something for hot water. That’s what I would like one day.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Gordonuk said:

Hi P4dstar,

 

Thanks for your informative reply.

 

If I did purchase a decent Water Fed Pole system how many houses per day would be a reasonable target? I was just being conservative with the 10 houses per day. I have read another post where a window cleaner said that they do 30 houses a day? So what do you think would be a reasonable target for us? How many properties? I would like to have some idea of what we should aim for.

 

With regards to the DIY system this is definitely something I would be interested in as I hear it cuts down the cost considerably. What do you mean if there isnt too much red tape stopping me?

 

And with regards to training. Some of the companies who sell the Water Fed Pole system actually offer training as well. So we were planning to hire someone to get them trained up.

Apologies, I read the original post as if you were in charge of property maintenance for a company, that’s what I was referring when I said about red tape 🤦‍♂️

 

If your intention is to add window cleaning to your companies services that’s a little different. As the chaps have said, very little change out of £10k with the big lads but you can go somewhere in the middle. Personally I would look at a pre built mass produced system, something like this;

 

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/compact-di-ideal-start-up-425.html

 

A diy system on the other hand will reduce costs and allow you to change parts quickly when there is an issue.

 

I wouldn’t use the pole they give long term, would need to be a Gardiner pole for me. I personally don’t believe the hot water system is all it’s cracked up to be, some swear by it but it’s just an added expense in my eyes.

 

Given that it’s your own company I wouldn’t waste money on training from a company. Get the system set up and watch some you’re videos, go and do some friends and family for free until you’re happy with the results you’re getting. If possible do the window cleaning yourself at first and train others up when you’re happy you’ve mastered it. If needs be you could go for training yourself and practice until you’re ready to train the others, this way you won’t need to keep paying for training when you take on someone new.

 

The amount of work depends on a lot of things. Where I am is mainly rural so doing 10-15 in a day is cool and pays well, in Gloucester on the other hand houses are closer together, days when I work over there I can do 20 houses in a day. It comes down to the size of the house, how many men you have working the van, travel time between properties, if they have a conservatory etc etc... there is no real target for this in my eyes, I just target myself on what I earn.

Share this post


Link to post


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.