peasepudding

Cleaning additives to help stop water beading on rooflights

peasepudding

Hi, 

Are there any products or additives that can be used when cleaning which will help stop big beads of water from staying on a glass rooflight for ages after a downpour? 

Thanks

peasepudding

It's a large glass roolight with a shallow angle (just over 10 degrees). Big water beads cling to the glass after rain, which mean it looks like it's just rained.. a long time after it's just rained. Not the end of the world but it's would be nicer if it cleared up faster.

I'm the homeowner (and also the resident window cleaner!) - so wondered if any products helped with this at all (make the glass a bit more hydrophilic rather than hydrophobic which is currently is). 

I know there are 'systems' offered by e.g. Ritec - but adding them might invalidate the glass warranty, I dunno. 

Green Pro Clean Ltd

You could try cleaning it then using something like Rain X from Halfords as a water repellent. 

peasepudding

RainX is hydrophobic I think (beads up the surface water - so more of the same) - but thanks for the suggestion.