Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Swivel Threaded Adaptor Leak

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hell all, need a bit of help with this one. 

Been using one of these to connect my tank and reel since I set it all up. Unfortunately I've always had dripping problems, (a few months ago it drained so quickly I couldn't finish the job) but more recently its gotten bad. Normally once pressure is increased in the system its fine, but at the beginning of the month it started dripping non stop. I'm at my whits end with it. Can anyone propose a solution or, more ideally, a alternative? Preferably one that is fixed (if possible) and thus no area for links. I've got a photo of mine hooked up (you can actually see a drip falling in the photo) and also a link to it on WCW, were I brought it. 

Thank you,

Alexandros

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/90-swivel-threaded-adaptor-brass.html

IMG_1740.JPGIMG_1741.JPG

Mine was the exact same! I bought one from Gardiner’s that done the same thing and was a complete faff with them to get a replacement so I ended up just opting for a fixed one. The problem with my fixed one is after a few months the brass wears on the connection and then leaks. No matter how hard I tightened my swivel etc it made no difference at all. The water just ****** out of it

The gardiners one I have has an allen key head inside to tighten it and avoid drips

CHWS

Sounds like you need to get in contact with our Customer Service Team - If you could send similar photos to the above showing where it is leaking from and the details of the order this was bought as part of - they can look into getting a replacement sorted for you under warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
if its leaking from the thread use ptfe tape,mines lasted about 8 months and still not leaking

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I looked at that but not leaking from thread, leaking from the join in the elbow itself. I assume it's like a ball and socket joint or something?

CHWS

Sounds like you need to get in contact with our Customer Service Team - If you could send similar photos to the above showing where it is leaking from and the details of the order this was bought as part of - they can look into getting a replacement sorted for you under warranty.
@Alex Gardiner, do you sell any sort of alternative? Or failing that, if I order one from you guys can you guarantee it won't leaking? I really can't be bother contacting WCW to try and get them to fix it, cause I know they will give me the run around. 

I assumed it leaking when there is low pressure is normal and hence why I never contacted them in the beginning, or am I wrong, should it not leak at all? Like I mentioned in my last post, it appears to be coming from the built in swivel connection, not the thread (I've used PTFE tape).

I looked at that but not leaking from thread, leaking from the join in the elbow itself. I assume it's like a ball and socket joint or something?

@Alex Gardiner, do you sell any sort of alternative? Or failing that, if I order one from you guys can you guarantee it won't leaking? I really can't be bother contacting WCW to try and get them to fix it, cause I know they will give me the run around. 

I assumed it leaking when there is low pressure is normal and hence why I never contacted them in the beginning, or am I wrong, should it not leak at all? Like I mentioned in my last post, it appears to be coming from the built in swivel connection, not the thread (I've used PTFE tape).
Hi MJA

It would be worth trying to tighten your current fitting from inside. If you look inside from the screw end you will see the part has a hex head for a large Allen Key - if you use the correct size Allen Key it should tighten up and will probably stop the leaking if it is leaking from where the connecting shaft connects into the male hose plug shaft.

If it is leaking from between the connecting shaft and the swivel bed in the female screw part then this will not work. If this was the case with a part supplied by us we would replace under warranty.

Of course we would happily supply you another one of these if required - but like anything manufactured I could not 100% guarantee it would not be faulty ?

Hi MJA

It would be worth trying to tighten your current fitting from inside. If you look inside from the screw end you will see the part has a hex head for a large Allen Key - if you use the correct size Allen Key it should tighten up and will probably stop the leaking if it is leaking from where the connecting shaft connects into the male hose plug shaft.

If it is leaking from between the connecting shaft and the swivel bed in the female screw part then this will not work. If this was the case with a part supplied by us we would replace under warranty.

Of course we would happily supply you another one of these if required - but like anything manufactured I could not 100% guarantee it would not be faulty ?
HI @Alex Gardiner,

Thank you for the advice. I’ll give this a go in the next few days and see if it sorts it. If not, I’ll  place a order with yourselves if I decide to buy another one (haven’t completely ruled out trying some sort of fixed connection, if something of the sort exists). 

And sorry, I understand you can’t guarantee something won’t be faulty but good to know if I do order from yourselves I have a warranty on it. 

Thanks again! ? 

Hi MJA

HI @Alex Gardiner,

Thank you for the advice. I’ll give this a go in the next few days and see if it sorts it. If not, I’ll  place a order with yourselves if I decide to buy another one (haven’t completely ruled out trying some sort of fixed connection, if something of the sort exists). 

And sorry, I understand you can’t guarantee something won’t be faulty but good to know if I do order from yourselves I have a warranty on it. 

Thanks again! ? 

CHWS

Hi alex I contacted the customer service team before and sent pictures or a video from what I remember and they asked for it to be posted back etc so just wasn’t worth the bother for me so I just went back to the fixed connection. 

Hi alex I contacted the customer service team before and sent pictures or a video from what I remember and they asked for it to be posted back etc so just wasn’t worth the bother for me so I just went back to the fixed connection. 
Fair enough ?

Naturally for certain faults we do need to be able to test the items ourselves if the video is inconclusive - if the item is found faulty we will refund your return postage costs.

If you want to email me the video I can take another look for you and see what I think.

Fair enough ?

Naturally for certain faults we do need to be able to test the items ourselves if the video is inconclusive - if the item is found faulty we will refund your return postage costs.

If you want to email me the video I can take another look for you and see what I think.

If I get a chance over the weekend I’ll send u a video 

Back