Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Re-sealing dodgy driveway

WCF

Help Support WCF:

baguley's cleaning service

Hi, I've been asked to re-seal a driveway but some cowboys talked the customer into having it completed early January, she's had it pattern concreted with a colour...but because it was too cold there's like white rash everywhere...she said the cowboys called it "Blowing" 

I've tried looking on YouTube and it seems you just colour seal it...you see loads of before and after but not the process of colouring the white faded areas... any one with experience on the matter as ive done her Roof and UPVC Deep Cleans and there amazing .. need to blow her socks off now with the drive.

Many Thanks,Mark 

Hi, I've been asked to re-seal a driveway but some cowboys talked the customer into having it completed early January, she's had it pattern concreted with a colour...but because it was too cold there's like white rash everywhere...she said the cowboys called it "Blowing" 
I've tried looking on YouTube and it seems you just colour seal it...you see loads of before and after but not the process of colouring the white faded areas... any one with experience on the matter as ive done her Roof and UPVC Deep Cleans and there amazing .. need to blow her socks off now with the drive.
Many Thanks,Mark 
Try Smart Seal they do all types of sealers for all surfaces
They also have a choice of colours you can add to the sealer to restore colour.
Give them a ring and ask there advice.
I use the block paving sealer and the concrete sealer makes the surface look as good if not better than new.
Good luck. [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks Big Sul, I’ll look into them ??

Yes Thl4kel ?, not sure how clear it is on here but faded more in places. Is it as simple as just going over with coloured sealer..? ?? and filling the crack with coloured mortar 

C7B9AEA9-592A-473F-95E3-1945F2B2A721.jpeg

Yes Thl4kel ?, not sure how clear it is on here but faded more in places. Is it as simple as just going over with coloured sealer..? ?? and filling the crack with coloured mortar 

Pi**es you off knowing these cowboys have robbed these two neighbours over 5k for these drives and we come along to rectify damage and they’re now penny watching. Want it done cheap as possible. There is no cheap, properly for fair money.?

I don't know why folk get this concrete driveway paving done in the first place. There's no expansion joints so later on it just cracks and rainwater gets in. The colour fades and they start complaining about it, what did they expect to happen. How do you fix a patch and resurrect the pattern? Give me monoblock all day long, if it sinks then all one does is relay the bit with the same blocks and we can clean it. The new monoblock driveways are getting laid without sand between them. I think its good for drainage but within a year they are full of weeds. I noticed this when I was at my brother's estate as I drove by the new builds.

Back