Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trying some new soap

The meorman stuff is really good but to expensive, I bought it just for the bottle for internals, ,  as Clistly as mentioned apply directly to applicator, wet your mop then a put a couple of blobs on your applicator so the soap suspends on the window and doesn’t drip perfect for internals I use a small spray bottle with water  spray the windows so nice a damp without dripping mop then blade with a scrim on the sill  minimum drips perfect every time. 

Bought 5 bottles of the Moerman and few months ago and still have one left. Been mixing it with fairy and wee bit of rinse aid. The slip on the Moerman is lovely but IMO you need a bit of fairy to cut through more stubborn marks. I do like the Moerman, smell is lovely too but yeah it is very expensive for what it is & not sure if I would use it long term as costs would stack up.

I really like the moerman soap, as said its got a great smell,  I find it has decent slip, would say better than squeegee off, but is expensive, going to buy more though.

I watched a good video regarding Moerman soap and the couple just put some in a bucket. They said it was great and the smell is fantastic. I'm thinking of buying it just for the smell from cleaning spot (8:15p) which seems to be the cheapest around.

The moerman stuff really isn't worth money to be honest. It smells better than most soaps but in terms of glide it's no different from fairy platinum and if anything you will use a bit more of it to get the same results as platinum in my experience

I watched a couple of tradders a while back using it on the 2 jobs opposite my house. They never dipped the applicator in the bucket of water whilst doing 10 plus windows had the applicator on window sills rested against rendered wall's on a trad pole.

Just a whole load of suds it looked to me as I watched them I thought the windows will be dirty again in no time due to the amount of soap residue left on the glass plus it looked to take a lot of longer than straight forward tradding.

County Durham Lad

Does smell nice and because I virtually only do internals the clients have mentioned how pleasant the smell is.

When applying directly to a mop it goes a long way I just mist the window with water using little hand sprayer.

the bottle is really handy I wouldn't buy again to expensive will be going back to dish soap when I have run out. 

well tryed the mormon stuff and yes the smell is so nice  :1f602:  but is it beta than HG im not shore yet monday will be the test on the shops it did strugle on finger prints on a the flats entrence but so does HG im going to poor strate in the bucket monday as thats how i like to use soap ,as for fairy not a chance will i ever use it again to suddy and clogs the channel on a wagtail leves to much resdue on the glass ,when i clean greasy shops i spray with flash the blue grease off one but it can work out a bit pricy compaired to a dash of ubik in the bucket with the soap 

tryed the mormon stuff in the bucket and it worked fine with a standerd mop but as soon as i used the wagtail it was not good the soap would not give good coverge on the glass like when i pull the wagtail down the glass to soap up it would miss bits unless the wagtail was driping wet so not inpressed with it on a wagtail , tomorow is the syr stuff had a quick blast and it seems beta than the mormon stuff but wont no till tomorow ?

well today i tryed the syr stuff and i found it much beta than HG or squeegee off it has to be a biger glug to get the suds u need but its so much easer to use my m8 is so inpressed it buying 4 5l tubs tonight and he is hard to please when it comes to soaphe was a out and out persil user for years but when he met me i showed him pro soap we tryed lots and seteld on squeegee off and HG both are equel i think ,so once i use the last of the mormon and to HG i have left ill stick with syr ,it has a lovly glide its prity good on finger prints and does not dry out to quick in the sun as its not as suddy as HG all in all its much beta so ide give it a worle next time u order  :1f44d:

It was from window cleaning warehouse, i tried the Mormon stuff again today on a inside of a realy greasy chip shop and this stuff is magic on grease I have to say I'll try the syr stuff next time on it to see how that goes on the chip shop [emoji102]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Using squeegee off again, as ran out of moerman, much prefer the moerman,much better slip n more of a joy to use. Think i will just buy tge moerman,taxable expense anyway.

Back