Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning an orangery roof with very tight limited access

I've got an orangery roof that needs cleaning next week and it's a good payer so don't want to turn it down But the access is absolutely terrible down both sides and the rook itself is poi Ted and awkward in parts as well as having self cleaning glass. I've got a stool, a a ladder and all my usual kits including a extension pole of needed. Sorry I've got no pics but any advics would be great

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've got an orangery roof that needs cleaning next week and it's a good payer so don't want to turn it down But the access is absolutely terrible down both sides and the rook itself is poi Ted and awkward in parts as well as having self cleaning glass. I've got a stool, a a ladder and all my usual kits including a extension pole of needed. Sorry I've got no pics but any advics would be great

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Im assuming your intending to do it trad, if so your gonna find it nearly impossible. Id suggest getting a telescopic brush like you get for washing cars, they only a tenner in b&m, will make the job easier. As for access, if you can't do it safely walk away.

I agree with Clisty if it's looking impossible then walk away, Conny roofs are a wfp job with pure water if you don't have the tools then you can't do it it without spending a good amount of money.

Older self cleaning glass has a rough textured surface and it will need scrubbing like mad if it's really dirty to get it clean.

Just found out to my delight in the last week that new self cleaning glass is a lot smoother and a whole load easier to clean and rinse.

County Durham Lad

Back