Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van/system upgrade

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laurend

Hi everyone,

I’m currently running a 300 litre Ionics RODI out of a 63 plate Peugeot partner.

This is now too small a system to manage a days work without topping up, I reckon I’m going through 400-500 litres a day.

Just wondering whether it’s better to sell the van and system as a package or separate and part ex the van.

Any advice please.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Some of the partners will take a 500l, so you may be able to just swap in a new tank? 

But otherwise you’ll probably sell it easier if you split it.

I wouldn't want 500L in a partner.....too small a van. Agree that it would be easier to sell the van and system separately.

What Jets do you use? When i switched to gardiners black fan jets i was able to run my pump on "4" instead of the "6" it was on before , i know its not a long term solution if your getting busy but its worth considering

* meaning i was saving tons of water everyday

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a shame you have the 625 version, i had the 850 with a 500 tank, ideal for 1 man.

But ultimately i ended up getting a bigger van to run a 2 man system

My advice would be to get a bigger van capable of running a 2 man system, even if you dont fancy employing right now you never know and its better to have the size and not need it.

I got a really good deal on the van, and was big enough at the time.
Wasn’t really looking too far ahead otherwise would’ve gone bigger from the off.
Hoping to get my new van and system up and running before selling the old one( finances permitting)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back