Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Joining Checkatrade.com

scottish cleaning service

Think I will join Checkatrade.com regarding my pressure washing service. No-one in my area does it on their site. They charge 83 pounds a month and I think its a minimum of a year. I can also add my cleaning business on it. They don't have a dedicated window cleaning place on their site. What I do like about them is their on air advertising. I will let you know how I get on and if I think its worth the grand a year or not.

Wouldn’t it be better to invest that kind of money on a good web site ? That’s a lot to spend just to be on cheakatrade I asked a wide variety of my customers how they would find a window cleaner or pressure washing services all said they would google it , when I suggested cheakertrade most said they wouldn’t bother with it as anyone can “ buy”a space with them so it doesn’t mean a lot , just my ten pentsworth 

My Fiancee and i are renovating our flat and we have spent alot of time on checkatrade looking for carpenters, plasterers, electricians etc etc.... its great for finding builders etc (well not always) but i dont think most peope would think to look on checkatrade for a window cleaner as its almost seen as a janatorial job.... which most peope will just Google

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Forget it for a window cleaner, they don't even list it. I'm doing it for the pressure washing and conservatory cleaning. No one on it for my area so that's why I'm doing it. They are spending 15 million on tv advertising this year and I like the group they are targeting. Twenty pound a week and it goes through the business so doesn't cost me anything. I will do it for a year and see how it goes. Nothing ventured nothing gained, if I get a couple of jobs out of it then it's paid for.

Forget it for a window cleaner, they don't even list it. I'm doing it for the pressure washing and conservatory cleaning. No one on it for my area so that's why I'm doing it. They are spending 15 million on tv advertising this year and I like the group they are targeting. Twenty pound a week and it goes through the business so doesn't cost me anything. I will do it for a year and see how it goes. Nothing ventured nothing gained, if I get a couple of jobs out of it then it's paid for.

They do list it.....I'm on it....

Pressure washing goes quiet October through to March plus if your doing it during the winter months water freezes on the ground making it dangerous for people.

That's what I was saying to the woman but I prefer to read in the winter as it gets dark early, a sort of wind down period. I am purely joining for the advertising my name will get. Will let you know how I get on and if its worth it.

Surely the thing is with Checkatrade you need client reviews the same as fb or Google which is free.

I've got a client have 2 trades people off checkatrade and he wasn't happy the quality of the work off either of them.

County Durham Lad

All they do is give them bad reviews. Its for customers who don't know any person through word of mouth which we all know is the best. Anyhow the girl is coming tomorrow to interview me and see my license and insurance. I'm the only one on it for my area so any viewers should contact me first. For me just starting, I believe it will be money well spent. A couple of jobs and it should pay for itself.

Rep from Checkatrade had an interview with me today, very thorough regarding all the paper work. Photo of liability insurance, passport, driving license and window cleaner's license. They are just moving into Scotland now and they are starting to get busy with traders. I think it's worth the twenty pounds a week and after a year you can get your money back if it doesn't work out. If could be the way forward for one man bands.

Rep from Checkatrade had an interview with me today, very thorough regarding all the paper work. Photo of liability insurance, passport, driving license and window cleaner's license. They are just moving into Scotland now and they are starting to get busy with traders. I think it's worth the twenty pounds a week and after a year you can get your money back if it doesn't work out. If could be the way forward for one man bands.

Hi mate, I'm with Checkatrade.  They promise a lot, but in reality I get maybe 2 enquiries per month.

They are about to change all their pricing structure so I'd be inclined to wait and see if they review  and lower the cost for small one man band companies as they're hammering the bigger boys with 60% increases.

cheers @Adman will let you know how  get on when I go live next week. £20 a week is good value for a big company, doesn't surprise me on the increase. Another few stickers for my van and not many on it in Paisley. Getting all my customers to fill in a card when I do my windys at end of month. I'm expecting to be very busy but one will see next month.

That's me live on https://www.checkatrade.com/ScottishCleaningService/

I am very happy paying £20 a week to be on their site. Linked it to my website

thus taking advantage of their advertising. Got my customers to fill in my ref forms

and they are all for it bar my price rise. Next week I receive my 4 van stickers to

complement my advertising. If you don't here from me its because I'm too busy with work. :1f609:

Checkatrade is very well known and having there sticker on your van etc can do wonders for your business... if u can afford it then go for it :)

That's me live on https://www.checkatrade.com/ScottishCleaningService/

I am very happy paying £20 a week to be on their site. Linked it to my website
thus taking advantage of their advertising. Got my customers to fill in my ref forms
and they are all for it bar my price rise. Next week I receive my 4 van stickers to
complement my advertising. If you don't here from me its because I'm too busy with work. :1f609:
How's it going then? Have you had any calls?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back