Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brushes

nearlyclean

I know a brush is a brush at the end of day,My preferred brush at the moment is the Gardiner superlite dual flocked with pencil jets,I have ordered a Superlite dual trim mono filament and going to install fan jets,I have got a few jobs 40 ft plus windows and want to rinse on the glass (hard work rinsing off the glass) I've used a Brodex brushes and tried a vikan in the past and the Superlite is my favourite

I have both flocked and mono use mono all the time as has a bit better scrubbing power although the flocked is great aswell. Although it seems to wear fairly fast. Can really so though as only brushes I use.

I have used mono filament in the past with pencil jets and okay for first cleans but regular cleans I like the flock.I was going to see how I get on with fan jets because I like the idea of rinsing with the brush on the glass.I think the flock brush would be better on leaded windows as it is a softer brush

Yes I think it would be perfect for leaded. I will be using mine more soon on some regulars give the other a bit of a break.

Well I got the brush and fan jets from Gardiner pole systems yesterday and took the pencil jets out and installed the new fan jets.Wow what a difference I tried it out on my own windows and and found the fans spread the water out and soak the window really fast and I had a go at rinsing with the brush on the glass and all dried perfect also I noticed I used less water which is a bonus

Ye I have been very tempted with fan jets but read so much conflicting info I don't know which are better now. How easy was it to swap the jets?

Really easy to change,knocked the old ones out with a nail then drill the holes bigger to fit the fans (12mm for Gardiners) and then bashed them in and connect the hoses. took me 1/2 hour.Going to sort out my flocked brush next.Was using the fans all morning then need to use a different pole which had my flocked with pencil jets and really noticed the difference I much prefer Fans at the moment.4 hours work in 3 hours and less lifting the brush off for rinsing.I check the windows when they were dry as I was curious and they dried okay.Try them if you don't like them you can always change back to jets

Seriously thinking about getting some fan jets, are you still using them? Did it take much adjusting to get used to them, did you have to adjust the way you rinse. With pencil I use a left to right motion as I go down the window. Do you do it differently with fans.

Really easy to fit.I rinse on the glass which seemed strange at first,I go left to right,right to left down the window.I rinse before I move onto the next window which cuts down time and because your not lifting off the glass you don't get so tired.I like using fans a lot and I had to use a brush with pencils the other day(broke the Y piece ) and it felt weird using pencil jets

Nearlyclean just been looking at fan jets from gardiners. Did you get 40 or 60 degree ones, which would you suggest?

I had a couple of problem windows when using pencils and found that fans eliminated these,I use less water and as long use a mono filament brush (white bristles from Gardiner) I had no problems rinsing on the glass it saves 1/3 of my time cleaning

Back