Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Waste Water

Gleam123

How do you guys deal with this?

I have a valve on a brush as im sure most people do but did a four bedroom house today fascia's and guttering washed and I used half of my 350 ltr tank.

Is there anything you guys suggest or any contraption thats worth buying to help with this issue?

Aquadaptor is probably the best option,I have a tap which I attach to the bottom of my pole with velcro and turn the water off between windows.First clean with gutters and fascia would say to do it properly about 150 L plus may on the next visit with just windows and frames 40L.Over time and experience you learn were you can use less water but I say what you used was about right

Guest window washer

You have probably read somewhere that a 350l tank is sufficient for 1 man to do a days window cleaning, and indeed it is.

BUT.... when starting out:

A) you will use more water purely due to inexperience.

:) First cleans take at least twice as much water and of course you will have a lot of them for thr first year.

C) valves are okay but an aquadapter will help.

To conserve water what I did at first on gutter and fascia cleans is turn the water right down for the initial clean then turn it up for the finish and rinse.

Charge accordingly though and what I did was tell the customer that I could not afford to use that much water for such a reasonable rate so I plugged in to their tap and filled whilst using.

I am going to be using a hell of alot starting off as you've said, I did the house as a practice and used half the tank and it needs going over again. Its the first time the house has been cleaned other than trad method so the fascias and and guttering had never been cleaned.

Its left spots on most windows and I really thought id done a good job :) I try to be meticulous when im rinsing and going over parts to see if there is any dirt shifting etc but I cant seem to get a clean done without spots at the moment.

How many times did you guys have to do a clean before you got it to a good standard?

May I ask a question..

Why are you using pure water for all the job?

I would on a such a job try and use water from the tap on the house (I'd ask nicely), and then when all the hard scrubbing is done etc I'd give it a quick once over with pure water and make sure the windows were cleaned well with pure water.

When you can, use tap water imo.

How would I do that mate? I thought with the system ive got I dont really have a choice?

I have a tank then a pump which pushes the water through my DI vessel then through my wfp, tap water goes into the tank but I dont really have any choice in relation to how it comes out.

Guest colinvansmith

you don't need purified water to do gutters and fasia's, don't waste your water on them carry a normal hose and use the custy's tap. or be don't do gutters and fasias as they are a pain in the ass and you'll make more money if you focus on windows as gutters/fasias take ages and customers never want to pay what its worth

Col

How much would you normally charge for the gutters and fascias then Col?

Im using loads of water at the moment, im trying to to adjust the valve to make sure ive got a tidy flow but still ending up using loads.

How long did it take everyone to gauge how much they need to use per job etc.

You should be able to unplug inlet hose to the DI vessel and connect it direct to your hose or disconnect you hose and connect to outside tap.

soak the brush in a bucket of water with detergent in it and then rinse off and finish with pure

Guest colinvansmith

How much would you normally charge for the gutters and fascias then Col?

Im using loads of water at the moment, im trying to to adjust the valve to make sure ive got a tidy flow but still ending up using loads.

How long did it take everyone to gauge how much they need to use per job etc.

for your average £ bed house i usually charge around£60 if the gutters/fasias are not bad if they are bad i charge £90 but either way i make more just doing windows so don't do a lot of gutters

col

Guest window washer

Col's right, don't do it unless yo have time on your hands. I do it if I have to but what I am really interested in is the monthly clean and not the gutters as it hurts your neck and is a pain in the ass!!!

I charge £75 for a standard 3 bed and most are ok. I get a few that look surprised and I tell them that I do not really want to do it.

If they were to employ a pro cleaning firm they would use a cherry picker or scaffolding and would charge about £ 500 a day.

Don't waste your time, as Col says you can earn more cleaning windows.

Re fresh water - plug your hose to their tap and the other end to your pole.

Remember - when statring out you need to decide what you want to do. Cleaning windows is generally the easiest way and fasest way to earn money month after month so stick to it.

Only if it is really worth your while would I deviate so do not be embarrased to charge well. I work on the assumption that I do nto want to clean gutters and fascias so overcharge. If I get it great and f not who cares.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.