Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with a large quote (retirement flats)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windowgleamtrowbridge

Hi guys!

I’m off to a site next Monday to give a quote to the house manager for cleaning the windows on a regular basis for a new set of retirement flats (people are just moving in).

Realistically, it’s a days job. And I have a ball part figure as an idea where to start. But I would love your guys opinions!

They’re also looking for someone to clear their gutters once or twice a year so I’ll be quoting for that too. A bit more unsure what to quote for that as I will need to invest in a gutter vac! Which I don’t mind doing providing the work is a good price.

Let me know what you think!

a053144c91c27cd567756112dac0096d.jpg
af6197920855e6b3ef98464a922787e3.jpg
434a94443fa6fe3003019df847af87b2.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Windows are quoted for just the accessible external windows and the inside communal windows!

You have just said that it is a days job...working out how long the job will take is the hard part. It is now up to YOU to decide how much money you want for that days effort.

You have just said that it is a days job...working out how long the job will take is the hard part. It is now up to YOU to decide how much money you want for that days effort.

I know WW don’t worry about that. But I like to take others thought into consideration. I may not always think of everything you guys do! I’m relatively new after all.

I’m flexible on my day rate. But I also want to ensure I am competitive in today’s market. I could rock up and say £200 for a day. But there may be something that someone mentions that I think of that would boost my confidence in going that little bit higher!

I know what a days work is worth to me. But I like to be fair and competitive. And mostly, I would like the job!

I've done bigger schools in the past with a whole load more glass than the job in question and completed them in 6hrs on my own and I have charged a lot more than a day rate.

County Durham Lad

I'm guessing it's a Mccarthy and stone?as they now want gutters included with window cleaning.

If there is another in your area who ever is cleaning that will get it.I've quoted a couple near me and never got them one company does most in each area.

Funnily enough yes. There is some about 15-20 miles away. But I’m going to put in a quote none the less! Always worth the punt.

As for pricing to be fair I am looking to put in a fair quote. Not going to cut myself down just to make sure I get it. I’d rather be paid a fair wage for a fair chunk of work!

We will see. So watch this space.

Were they wanting it quite frequently when you quoted?

I'll rock the boat, for me in my area I would be very happy at £150. Large balconies extra, Juliet's included. Personally can't see that being more than half a day, there is someone in my area that does them all for around £100 a go and they're all fairly similar

I'd say £350 a clean. HOWEVER has a builders clean been done? If not 1st cleans gonna be a nightmare. In that case then I'd be looking at at least 1k for the 1st clean then £350 after. Gutters I'd say 350-400 depending on if it's 6 or 12 monthly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The frequency is normally bi monthly(6 cleans a year) if they have balconies you have to go through each flat and out on to balcony to clean.They also want internal communal areas cleaned and flat roof valleys (if there are any).

Your health and safety will need to be bang on point.5mill PL,RAMS etc

The ones I looked at were agro loads of balconies, flat roof and loads of communal areas.I've priced a couple and was probably never going to get them as one small firm does them all in my area.

You would be mad to clean that for £100 -£150 as someone has said.No chance I would rather clean houses and that says something.

The frequency is normally bi monthly(6 cleans a year) if they have balconies you have to go through each flat and out on to balcony to clean.They also want internal communal areas cleaned and flat roof valleys (if there are any).

Your health and safety will need to be bang on point.5mill PL,RAMS etc

The ones I looked at were agro loads of balconies, flat roof and loads of communal areas.I've priced a couple and was probably never going to get them as one small firm does them all in my area.

You would be mad to clean that for £100 -£150 as someone has said.No chance I would rather clean houses and that says something.
I must be mad then, if your choice was cleaning houses for £5 a go or that for £150 you would be mad as well. 

I must be mad then, if your choice was cleaning houses for £5 a go or that for £150 you would be mad as well. 

I wouldn't clean houses for a fiver.

This is why asking prices is stupid we are all from different parts of the uk with different needs and business direction.

People are free to charge what they want and if your happy with the price then that's all that matters but jobs like this are worth more.

To put it in to perspective to buy one of these flats near me will cost any where from £250-£380k the service charge alone will be £300 a month per flat minimum up to £600 on some sites.

I wouldn't clean houses for a fiver.

This is why asking prices is stupid we are all from different parts of the uk with different needs and business direction.

People are free to charge what they want and if your happy with the price then that's all that matters but jobs like this are worth more.

To put it in to perspective to buy one of these flats near me will cost any where from £250-£380k the service charge alone will be £300 a month per flat minimum up to £600 on some sites.
And that is why I said "in my area I would be happy" I am currently in the middle of quoting for a very large job in Cambridge and my price down there is based on grossing £50 per man hour. Even then my price for one of those down there wouldn't be anywhere near £400 - £500. Best of luck to anyone that thinks they can achieve that, my experience is that isn't achievable unless you live in Cornwall.

As you say, the maintenance alone will be 300 a month. Folk with money will buy them and the cleaner will need to be on the ball. I would just like to take my time and do it right and get paid well for doing it. If someone will do it for less than 200 then I would be happy to leave them to it.

I’ve quoted for this company before in south wales, I took one look at what they charge their tenants along with a ridiculous monthly service charge and thought I’m only going to work for them if it’s top dollar. They are making money hand over fist!

i didn’t get the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back