Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Windows that open in.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddie dragon

Only one I have ever found. Unfortunately found it as i put brush on glass, window and brush disappeared into the house. Got my fingers crossed nothing was damaged. Anyone else had this before 

Only one I have ever found. Unfortunately found it as i put brush on glass, window and brush disappeared into the house. Got my fingers crossed nothing was damaged. Anyone else had this before 
Yep several times, same house, same window. Really need to learn  :delusional:

Yeah all the time, don’t panic, the air temperature is pretty good so any water that got in to the room should dry up pretty rapid. When somebody is in the room it’s a shock. We soaked a ladies head once when the water shot through the bathroom window. She took it well thankfully. best done off a trad pole if open.
They’re a pain but as i say “if they will have these things installed, then the odd inconvenience is inevitable” [emoji849]
They’re a ridiculous design. If you go to work and leave the window open and you get a heavy rainstorm with strong winds then you’re in trouble.
I don’t understand people that leave windows open when they go to work or go out. It’s literally saying “break in to my house”
A house takes a matter of minutes to cool down by opening windows when you get home and switching fans on. Keeping curtains closed helps also. Much rather that the take the risk of someone getting in.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

tilt and turn windows mate,they should be locked at the bottom so just crack on,the water should go down the drainage holes and onto the cill and away

That is a good point but i still don’t like them. If the drainage holes are blocked up with dust then it may not drain away. I prefer trad poling them but if using wfp on open windows and the customer isn’t around to close it i usually just do the glass and avoid the frames just to avoid shooting water in to the room/avoid leakage to interior sill

That is a good point but i still don’t like them. If the drainage holes are blocked up with dust then it may not drain away. I prefer trad poling them but if using wfp on open windows and the customer isn’t around to close it i usually just do the glass and avoid the frames just to avoid shooting water in to the room/avoid leakage to interior sill

hold your pole hose in your hand,wet the window and fold over the hose to stop the flow then scrub the glass and gently release the folded over pole hose to rinse off at a low volume,that or put your foot on the hose to slow the flow either way works mate,us oldies have been doing that for years,you'll not shoot water anywhere than where its intended with this technique

Yeah all the time, don’t panic, the air temperature is pretty good so any water that got in to the room should dry up pretty rapid. When somebody is in the room it’s a shock. We soaked a ladies head once when the water shot through the bathroom window.
I got a student, having his breakfast at 11.30, working up a thin lane with a very steep angled pole and didn't see the top third of the window was open. Only realised because the brush disappeared and he stuck his head out. Fortunately he found it just as funny as me.  

hold your pole hose in your hand,wet the window and fold over the hose to stop the flow then scrub the glass and gently release the folded over pole hose to rinse off at a low volume,that or put your foot on the hose to slow the flow either way works mate,us oldies have been doing that for years,you'll not shoot water anywhere than where its intended with this technique
Nice [emoji108] there’s always a new trick to learn isn’t there [emoji16]it’s why i love the forum

I got a student, having his breakfast at 11.30, working up a thin lane with a very steep angled pole and didn't see the top third of the window was open. Only realised because the brush disappeared and he stuck his head out. Fortunately he found it just as funny as me.  
Haha, that is funny [emoji23] i bet it was a relief when the brush came back out. Imagine if it had got stuck somehow. E.g. caught up in those strip blinds people have. [emoji50] that would be a deep sh*t situation

Was cleaning a row of windows, put the brush on the glass as I looked away to not trip over the hose, and when I looked up the brush head had disappeared full blast into the room which turned out to be part of the emergency call center at the police station.

It was kind of difficult to gain access to that secure area of the station to dry up the mess, but most of them know me by now so it worked out. Luckily they are good sports these gentlemen. 

As per @kevinc250 really. All our down stairs windows on our house are these windows. We also have a few on the round. It best to reduce the flow as KevinC says but I would also add that its best to stand infront of the window you clean and not try to clean it from the side. I also try to focus on the glass and let the brush bristles barely touch the frame. We also don't clean the frame above the open window. We rinse on the glass and spend very little time on each window. If the window clean isn't perfect then that ok with me.

Had this recently on two separate windows, windows are open, but are also hinged, so swing inside house. So had to stop cleaning.arrgh moment

Wasn't a tilt window, it just swung in instead of out. I'm betting I forget next month an do it again. 

My best one for wetting a customer. I put the brush on the front door glass. Old fella stood behind the door waiting to pay opened it. Got a proper face full. I pulled the brush away and down resulting in the jets getting him to the knees before I found the tap. Lovely fella found it funny. Shame he's got alzimers and doesn't recognise me any more. 

Back