Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift Phantom Pole

Daniel Perkins

Premium Member
Has anyone seen WCW advertising the life out of this? Revolutionary, game changer, fundamentally different etc etc etc so they say. Think it's being released over the next few weeks. The clamps do look good though, very curious to see the reviews on it when it appears in the trade show in September. No doubts with it being facelift, it will look good and be very expensive but whether or not it actually is a game changer should be interesting. Never been a big fan of facelift poles since I start using Gardiner but this looks promising.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was a shop where I could compare it to an extreme I might give it a go. But there isn't  a shop so I will just stick with the good customer service and pole with the proven rep. Don't have the cash to waste.

Facelift have a chance here to make the market more competitive both with the product and the price. Gardiner are quality products but also very expensive. Healthy competition is exactly what we need.

There all manufactured in China and Chinese companies are advertising on google. If you want a cheaper pole just buy direct from China. 

Facelift have a chance here to make the market more competitive both with the product and the price. Gardiner are quality products but also very expensive. Healthy competition is exactly what we need.

You should have been around in the days before Gardiners. The only decent carbon fibre pole was a Facelift. It was eye wateringly expensive and as heavy as anything. Gardiners changed that when they introduced their range of SLX poles.

If it wasn't for Gardiners then Facelift would have had no competition as their pricing would be just as high. So it was never Facelift bringing competition and affordable pricing to the market - it was Gardiners who did that.

Those new Facelift clamps look interesting. From various user reports, the problem wasn't so much with the Facelift clamps but rather the wear rate of the actual carbon fibre pole itself. Unless that issue is addressed, then those fancy clamps aren't going to mean that much.

I can only dream! We use the phoenix poles (blue ones) they’re not top of the range or the most rigid, the higher we go there is a lot of bending. But got to be fair they’re pretty solid & i do value things that are robust & not fragile. Had both of them for two years now & still going strong. The clamps have unstuck/come loose multiple times and i’ve replaced both rubber base clamps, but it’s only a bit of gorilla glue & job done. I would like better poles but personally i can’t justify spending in excess of £500 on poles for residential work. If i was doing commercial work & had a high turnover maybe.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’m rather taken with the clamps. The shims being replaceable and of a sifter material will protect the pole sections. I also like the smaller profile with one bolt holding the host. Steve strikes again. A very clever lad.

For those who don't want to hunting on the web Phantom Pole  as with all new products it's really about time as a few weeks of use is nothing with a pole it will be months down the line of daily use that will determine whether its real game changer

I’m rather taken with the angle adaptor and I’m sure the strength will be fine but as I use pivots on all my brushes it wouldn’t work for me. But, I really like the thought that has gone into the design on both this and the clamps.

This is where I'm confused.com as I was forwarded an email some time back with what looks the same exact design of clamps so does not look unique to WCW. I may be mistaken but it does look the same.

If this is the case then there will be other companies selling near enough the same design.

This is a pole made by Window Cleaning Warehouse?   

I recently reviewed them as having worse customer service than Brodex so for anyone in the know that's saying something.  It took them 4 months to sort a refund over a £50 hose so hate to imagine how long an issue with a pole will take!  

I will never buy from them again so that's that.   'Game Changer' ?? Please, it's a pole with hose and brush so unless it gets out the van by itself and goes to clean the windows then it's changing nothing. 

This is a pole made by Window Cleaning Warehouse?   

I recently reviewed them as having worse customer service than Brodex so for anyone in the know that's saying something.  It took them 4 months to sort a refund over a £50 hose so hate to imagine how long an issue with a pole will take!  

I will never buy from them again so that's that.   'Game Changer' ?? Please, it's a pole with hose and brush so unless it gets out the van by itself and goes to clean the windows then it's changing nothing. 
Might pop down there for a nose when it comes out, need some trad bits. If its magic I'll let you know?

I've found their customer service to be pretty good on the whole.  On the two occasions they've sent me an incorrect item, I phoned up and they've sent me the correct one no hassle and let me keep the wrong ones which was useful.  One was a ninja micro fibre to try out, the other a spare squeegee handle.  

Weight of the pole asn’t been disclosed yet for me that will be a major thing before I would even  consider one. 

Back