Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing for softwashing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This building is a regular window cleaning customer and they have asked me to price up for softwashing the building what would you charge for something like this ? It’s  quite dirty with some black and red algy ,   ime intrested to see how ones in different parts of the country would arrive at a price thanks in advance for your thoughts .

AC1248E8-0848-42A4-972E-65D8D9A8571C.jpeg

E8606CBA-9AC1-4108-9C83-6AB33522692B.jpeg

83DC7F31-7D9D-4D2B-92CF-0D7268F36EEC.jpeg

612427B1-DD30-4F62-B14A-08F4DA51B5FB.jpeg

6845886D-46A8-4447-8361-717A8CAE519B.jpeg

I would probably charge a ton a face like the size of the gable. 100 for the gable seems ok so probably 700 to a grand. being a customer I would probably quote 800. My pound sign has stopped working at the moment.

how are you going to do this and what chems would you be using paul,for me,that would determine the price

Ime looking at getting a dedicated van for softwashing been doing a lot of houses for a number of years and picking up more and more of this type of work at the moment  we are using backpacks and hypo mix that we mix ourselves sometimes apply with spray and other jobs through a brush , Ime going to visit a Softwash supply company next month to look at getting a proper set up as we cannot keep up with the demand and need to be able to do jobs faster and more efficiently, at the moment I have confirmed bookings with 4 hotels , a very well known national company that operate hotel type accommodation, and the management company that oversee the properties above in the photos have asked me to price up a number of similar buildings . We also have a regular window cleaning contract with a sheltered accomadation company and I was talking to there area manager and asked if they would be intrested in this type of cleaning on there properties , I did a small test patch for them on a back wall and they are also very keen for us to do the whole building . We also do work for a local university and Ime trying to test the water with them about softwashing as they have a number of buildings that would be suitable to clean this way .

As for price I have a rough idear and that’s exactly it a rough idear what to charge , I dont want to go in to expensive nor to cheaply so far all the big jobs I’ve priced up we have got so Ime thinking maybe Ime to cheap ? Ime well established in window cleaning and we are flat out all the time , so this would be a new venture I dont know if I could generate enough work for 5 days a week 48 weeks a year and don’t want to spend loads on a professional set up and find I cannot make it viable , I guess it’s a journey into the unknown 

Ime looking at getting a dedicated van for softwashing been doing a lot of houses for a number of years and picking up more and more of this type of work at the moment  we are using backpacks and hypo mix that we mix ourselves sometimes apply with spray and other jobs through a brush , Ime going to visit a Softwash supply company next month to look at getting a proper set up as we cannot keep up with the demand and need to be able to do jobs faster and more efficiently, at the moment I have confirmed bookings with 4 hotels , a very well known national company that operate hotel type accommodation, and the management company that oversee the properties above in the photos have asked me to price up a number of similar buildings . We also have a regular window cleaning contract with a sheltered accomadation company and I was talking to there area manager and asked if they would be intrested in this type of cleaning on there properties , I did a small test patch for them on a back wall and they are also very keen for us to do the whole building . We also do work for a local university and Ime trying to test the water with them about softwashing as they have a number of buildings that would be suitable to clean this way .
As for price I have a rough idear and that’s exactly it a rough idear what to charge , I dont want to go in to expensive nor to cheaply so far all the big jobs I’ve priced up we have got so Ime thinking maybe Ime to cheap ? Ime well established in window cleaning and we are flat out all the time , so this would be a new venture I dont know if I could generate enough work for 5 days a week 48 weeks a year and don’t want to spend loads on a professional set up and find I cannot make it viable , I guess it’s a journey into the unknown 
Hi

We are starting up soft washing in addition to our window cleaning. I was wondering how is the best way to market this new venture, and what type of buildings are the best to target.
Any advice would be really helpful
Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Watch utube videos. Don't think softwashing is such a big market because its only really effective on patios. Monoblock driveways can be powerwashed clean if you have a 250bar PW that's what I have found. Maybe softwashing buildings is a bigger market down south.

Hi

We are starting up soft washing in addition to our window cleaning. I was wondering how is the best way to market this new venture, and what type of buildings are the best to target.
Any advice would be really helpful
Thanks

We started about 10 years ago doing existing customers house walls that were green with algy at that time I was pressurewashing them then discovered softwashing videos in America on YouTube and made up my own kit using a backpack and modifying stuff , I just asked customers if they had thought about having there house cleaned started off doing small 3 bed semis then as I got more experience started doing bigger stuff 5 bed detached then smaller hotels and b&b s we now are doing much bigger stuff but still using backpacks but this is slow and not  the best way to do larger buildings 

my advice would be research how to do it as I said YouTube videos are very helpful there is a lot of conflicting advice out there but try it for your self maybe on your own house or family members or a customer that you get on well with to practise untill you feel confidant to go out and charge customers for it : ppe is important again research this to determine what you need for the way that you are applying the hypo mix , if you need any help just ask , Ime no expert mainly self taught but happy to try and help if I can many treat softwashing as some sort of black art and won’t offer any help but are happy to criticise and say it’s dangerous and it can be but when you go to the swimming pool what are you swimming in ? Basicly it’s water with hypo in it so in the right dilution it’s perfictly safe , it’s also added to the drinking water supply in small quantities so again knowing what strength to use for different surfaces is important but it’s not rocket science 

We started about 10 years ago doing existing customers house walls that were green with algy at that time I was pressurewashing them then discovered softwashing videos in America on YouTube and made up my own kit using a backpack and modifying stuff , I just asked customers if they had thought about having there house cleaned started off doing small 3 bed semis then as I got more experience started doing bigger stuff 5 bed detached then smaller hotels and b&b s we now are doing much bigger stuff but still using backpacks but this is slow and not  the best way to do larger buildings 

my advice would be research how to do it as I said YouTube videos are very helpful there is a lot of conflicting advice out there but try it for your self maybe on your own house or family members or a customer that you get on well with to practise untill you feel confidant to go out and charge customers for it : ppe is important again research this to determine what you need for the way that you are applying the hypo mix , if you need any help just ask , Ime no expert mainly self taught but happy to try and help if I can many treat softwashing as some sort of black art and won’t offer any help but are happy to criticise and say it’s dangerous and it can be but when you go to the swimming pool what are you swimming in ? Basicly it’s water with hypo in it so in the right dilution it’s perfictly safe , it’s also added to the drinking water supply in small quantities so again knowing what strength to use for different surfaces is important but it’s not rocket science 
I think the biggest fear for most is jumping that initial hurdle. It was for me anyway. I did about 3 months research before doing anything, and i’ve had so much help from you and others i’ll be forever grateful. I’ve done 3 hypo jobs now and all have gone to plan so i don’t fear it like i used to.

Back