Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Proper Introduction

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimi

Ello again,

I've been on the forums a wee while now and had some great responses from you folk so far and since you've been so kind I better explain myself ?

I'm Jimi and looking to start my Domestic Services company in the coming couple of months once I've obtained my licenses and equipment etc and practiced a lot more to get my speed up.  I'm based in South lanarkshire but will also be looking at the very north east of aberdeenshire as most of my family are up there and one of them has a maintenance firm I will subby to sometimes.

I'm basically looking at a change of lifestyle and having more control of my time is a priority.  As a former business manager for other peoples ventures I'm very cautious and plan loads before I plough in hence all the questions on loads of topics. Even though I haven't done the first house I've started pricing gear for add-ons etc so I can squirrel away some cash before the wife or local landlady gets a bigger share!

In the meantime thanks for the previous welcomes and advice and keep it coming please.  Hopefully I'll be repaying the favour in the year to come.

Cheers

South Lanarkshire is quite a affluent place to be based. Plenty of new estates out there which is a good place to start. You can get flyers made up for beer money on Vista and decide if you want two mobiles, one especially for work. The most difficult thing is to get customers all near each other, that's why new estates are good to get into. Good luck 

What do you need help with fella?
Hi, I run 2 wfp off the same shurfo pump and variestream controller, not ideal I know but it's worked for years. Today I started to lose pressure. Only really noticed when the poles were fully extended. I run a di set up. The battery runs off a split relay. I thought it might be an air lock, checked all the connections. I lowered the pump and controller to force it through, this helps but when I raise it to it's normal spot the pressure dies. The pump btw isn't making any unusual noises.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ive worked previously with marine water pumps and this sounds like the impeller in the pump has deteriorated and needs replaced. Either that or check the condition of your wiring ??

Ive worked previously with marine water pumps and this sounds like the impeller in the pump has deteriorated and needs replaced. Either that or check the condition of your wiring ??
What's an impeller[emoji2]. I thought it might be the wiring but it looks fine. I thought it might be the battery but running the engine didn't make any difference. Could it be the pressure switch. Btw sorry for jumping on your post I was just replying to@tuffers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ĺol. No bother.  An Impellor is the sot of paddle wheèl inside most pumps that forces the liquid through and generates pressure depeñding on the speed. Thats not gospel but basically in a nutshell.

Cheers darren. And thanks for doin those great videos. Ill be bending your ear in the future about the lead generation setup you have as I'll likely sign up as things progress.

Cheers

Ĺol. No bother.  An Impellor is the sot of paddle wheèl inside most pumps that forces the liquid through and generates pressure depeñding on the speed. Thats not gospel but basically in a nutshell.

Surflo pumps are diaphragm.  They don't go round and round, they bob up and down?

Cool cheers.....I'm used to the spinny ones in outboards or bilge pumps lol.  I'm going to check out Surflo and a couple of others now as I'm thinking about a backpack and pole for softwashing and would like to know more about the kit used.

Latest Posts

Back