Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new pre filters for 40 21

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Hi all,  Not too sure so just want some advise.  Got a daqua  ro 40 21, the pre filters have just about done their quoted life (waste included) and the tds has crept to 2.  around 10,000 litres. Hoping its not the resin as well but certainly due to get the pre filters. Will prob get resin too and try it with  just the pre filters and then know if its the resin.

I was thinking of getting the fibredine  10 inch. Now, am i right in thinking this alone? or still have a sediment pre filter as well?  It looks like they sell it alone, so  not sure if you can get a sediment one separate by itself, as wouldnt need a pair if i'd got the fibredine. Also is it only grippatank that do the fibredine now?

If I did just use the fibredine, would I dismantle the other pre filter housing off the system before going into the membrane or could it just be left on their empty? wouldnt think it would affect much but advise appreciated.

Thanks all

kev.

Hi Kev if you're going to use a Fibredine filter then I would advise putting a sediment prior. What we have found in the past the outer Fiberdine can get clogged before expired life so i would be a waste of the carbon inside. With have a sediment prior then you often get full life out of the Fiberdine. We do the package which the filter is called CFB-PLUS 10 link here :- https://www.daqua.co.uk/combofilter.htm

Hi all,  Not too sure so just want some advise.  Got a daqua  ro 40 21, the pre filters have just about done their quoted life (waste included) and the tds has crept to 2.  around 10,000 litres. Hoping its not the resin as well but certainly due to get the pre filters. Will prob get resin too and try it with  just the pre filters and then know if its the resin.

I was thinking of getting the fibredine  10 inch. Now, am i right in thinking this alone? or still have a sediment pre filter as well?  It looks like they sell it alone, so  not sure if you can get a sediment one separate by itself, as wouldnt need a pair if i'd got the fibredine. Also is it only grippatank that do the fibredine now?

If I did just use the fibredine, would I dismantle the other pre filter housing off the system before going into the membrane or could it just be left on their empty? wouldnt think it would affect much but advise appreciated.

Thanks all

kev.
Man ! If you can go as low as 2 ppm RO only , why DI the rest ? I know it depends on waterpressure and tap tds , but i run the same RO as you , we got 400 ppm and with House tap pressure i get around 11 ppm , wich is still impressive . Bought it by doug at Daqua and im really happy with it ! ?

No, its not 2 after the ro, 2 after the di. Our tap waters about 530, then the ro gets it to around 14, then the di to 0. But ro has now been getting it to 17 and so the di doesnt totally polish it off, so got some new prefilters as they have done about 10 000 litres (waste and pure) and ordered some new resin too. yes they are great, I have the same, over 250 litres in 3 and 1/2 hours.

Latest Posts

Back