Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

John Guest connection with hose reel

P4dstar

Premium Member
I moved everything over to John guest connections a few months back. I’ve had to change the actual connection with the hose reel as it has broken a few times. Problem is it spins when the hose reel does. First couple of times it lasted a few weeks, this time just a few days. I’ve bought replacement washers from Gardiners, they’re only a few pence but there must be a better option. Any recommendations chaps?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

15df760925d7d8d0db184c92413290c1.jpg

You could just have a brass swivel joint on the hose reel with a hose lock type attachment on that linked with a small piece of hose that can then be connected with a barbed JG fitting. Been looking at switching over to JG fittings when I re fit my van. Also found attached pic from another thread on hereimage.jpg.31404661d4e1f52df96eaf4b61c6a3fa.jpg

You could just have a brass swivel joint on the hose reel with a hose lock type attachment on that linked with a small piece of hose that can then be connected with a barbed JG fitting. Been looking at switching over to JG fittings when I re fit my van. Also found attached pic from another thread on here
Thats the kind of thing I was thinking but they only seem to sell them with a male barb on the end like this one... Got a link to that thread so I can have a read dude?

Screenshot 2018-08-10 18.19.15.png

You can get similar swivels like this for a few quid off ebay if you search

Them add a screw in jg pushfit and job done

Screenshot_20180810-210231_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can get similar swivels like this for a few quid off ebay if you search

Them add a screw in jg pushfit and job done

View attachment 14529
Yeah that was the kind of thing I was looking for but they're all over £40 ?

I was thinking something like this....

https://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-Pressure-Washer-Swivel-Brass-Hose-Coupling-38-Inch-Thread-Adapter-wp-Eu-1233433.html?rmmds=search

It would be better if it was an elbow but as long as it swivels I can work with that I reckon.

With a bit of hot water and some persuasion you can slip the 1/2 inch hose over the hoselock connector. A hose clamp later and job done.

Did that on my tank for a year, no issues.

With a bit of hot water and some persuasion you can slip the 1/2 inch hose over the hoselock connector. A hose clamp later and job done.

Did that on my tank for a year, no issues.
I'll save that as a back up plan haha.... I imagine it would work. I just can't believe they don't make this as a standard. Really surprised there wasn't a simple solution, surely lots of people use John Guest fittings ?

I built my own system, JG are good but pricey. I used pushfit plumbing connections from Wickes. less than half the price just as good.

The plumbing hose from there is very cheap and just as good as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[mention=2651]AGlassAct[/mention] what we saying dude? I know you use JG fittings.
Sorry p4dstar only just seen this, I have the waterworks electric reel which has a similar connector to the one Daveb recommended. No JG is designed to swivel and even a lot of the pressure washer fittings are too ‘tight’ to enable a continuous smooth action. Have a look on the waterworks site to see if there swivel is compatible with yours, if not I’d just have a short length of 8mm off a normal brass 90 degree to a JG barb to 1/2” male JG.

Back