Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
P4dstar

John Guest connection with hose reel

AGlassAct
[mention=2651]AGlassAct[/mention] what we saying dude? I know you use JG fittings.

Sorry p4dstar only just seen this, I have the waterworks electric reel which has a similar connector to the one Daveb recommended. No JG is designed to swivel and even a lot of the pressure washer fittings are too ‘tight’ to enable a continuous smooth action. Have a look on the waterworks site to see if there swivel is compatible with yours, if not I’d just have a short length of 8mm off a normal brass 90 degree to a JG barb to 1/2” male JG.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

P4dstar
On 11/08/2018 at 18:18, TJTOPCAT said:

In answer to original question, cheap solution is swivel elbow pressure washer fitting. You can fit to hose reel and fit whatever you want to the other end. Barbed fitting, reducer, hozerlock, john guest. emoji3.pngemoji106.png

PhotoScreenshot_20180811-181527.jpeg

Cracking find, worth a go for a tenner. Most of them are £50+

3 hours ago, Alex87 said:

I use these on all my reels with half inch tube
Get no problems at all

What are they dude? and where do you get them from, looks like the most simple solution yet.

Alex87
What are they dude? and where do you get them from, looks like the most simple solution yet.
I'm guessing it's something like this, it looks identical.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-pse3203wp-tap-connectors-white-15mm-x-2-pack/85257?tc=GT8&ds_kid=92700020953280273&ds_rl=1249799&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249481&gclid=CjwKCAjw2MTbBRASEiwAdYIpsYu7atkkNK80wqKm0UlD2SLmREbTDZKsQobaywZJs_Fg7AGBxvo5ORoCbX4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPOm2sTD69wCFa6nUQodd4ICYA

I get all my fittings from someone who works for a company that fit out bars and restaurants with coolers and pumps.

If you know someone in that trade ask them. They also use blue hose that is identical to exceed pole hose. By identical I'm sure it's the exact same stuff and saves me a small fortune.

AGlassAct

They don’t ‘swivel’ once tightened though? The JG tube will be put under tension when the reel rotates - Then, i assume - the teeth in the JG fitting will spin on the tubing and eventually make the hose fail? Might take a while but it’s not something I would risk. How long have you had yours connected - and has the tubing (when removed from the connector) got score marks in?

Alex87
They don’t ‘swivel’ once tightened though? The JG tube will be put under tension when the reel rotates - Then, i assume - the teeth in the JG fitting will spin on the tubing and eventually make the hose fail? Might take a while but it’s not something I would risk. How long have you had yours connected - and has the tubing (when removed from the connector) got score marks in?

Going on 6 months now and no issues.
Just removed one of them the and no marks on the tubing as far as I can see.

P4dstar

I have been continually cutting back the pipe and have a score mark where it’s been plugged in on he current one. Once cutting the pipe stops working I change the washer and the plastic bit on the end.... absolute ball ache though. Think it may be partly because I’ve got one length of pipe from the pump to the reel though.

AGlassAct

Teaboy

You need a female swivel then convert to connectors we had loads of these old brass parts my old man kept but I can’t find them in the stores at the mo