Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fan jet problem!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Stallion

Advice needed please!

Running a trolley system and lately 100degree fan jets are spraying out like pencil jets

Thought there was a problem with jets so put new ones in!

Problem on going so opened up pole and seen a kink in the pole hose so sorted that out

(Cut out the kink)

Using reinforced pole hose

Bloody heavy as hell!

Checked the trolley filter is clean!

Even tried using pencil jets as I have that option on the pole doesn’t seem enuf power as use to be and my setting are on ‘40’ if that helps!

Any idea what the problem can be fellas

Would appreciate any help

Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Might be a piece of grit or something in one of the hoses, i would also disconnect all the brush fittings and flush it all through in the opposite direction.

Every so often i somehow get a blockage at the brush head which interferes with the spray.   

Battery dying maybe?

What's the flow like when you disconnect the brush? You need good flow and good pressure for fans to work well. If you have a blockage or your battery is dying your fans are not going to work well

Battery dying maybe?
What's the flow like when you disconnect the brush? You need good flow and good pressure for fans to work well. If you have a blockage or your battery is dying your fans are not going to work well

Pressure seems fine also when I connected the pencil jets they seemed fine but I’ll check again

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile appFrom listening to you fellas
Gotta feeling maybe a blockage somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Might be a piece of grit or something in one of the hoses, i would also disconnect all the brush fittings and flush it all through in the opposite direction.
Every so often i somehow get a blockage at the brush head which interferes with the spray.   

Will try that too mate

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thank you fellas for thee input!

Think it was just air and a minor leak which is sorted!

The only problem I've had with fans, particularly Gardiners black ones is their tendency to block with tiny peices of debris occasionally.  This has largely been sorted by fitting a good strainer in the feed to the pump and by making sure that the hose ends are free of grit before connecting up as sometimes grit can find it's way in there.

Best Way way I have found to clear the 100 degree fan jets is disconnect the blocked jet from the JG tee piece and suck the pipe works every time not very pleasant but works.

Im pleased im not the only one who's jets get blocked

Do all your jets spray out equally on a straight line ? Mine are all over the shop , i have even trimmed the bristles on the brush to no avail. 

Mine are all over the shop too
But like the spread they give across the glass and I find that’s quicker for me although saying that when I start producing my own water will try 4 pencil jets as I believe they will require more water.

Its odd i tried the same jets in diffrent brushes and swapped them because i bought several pairs but they just all spray all over the place ! Its fine because i use a 35cm and rinse on- if not very close to the glass so it controls the spray but id would feel happier if they were uniform

@Stallion yeah i like it too much to change ! And i also save loads of water

Latest Posts

Back