WfpTen

Interior of glass roof

WfpTen

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice, ideas or suggestions. I have a client that has a glass roof, in some aspects it's similar to a car sunroof in that it can be opened to the sky or kept closed. The problem I'm having is cleaning the inside. Out here the sun is hot and as you can imagine the glass heats up quickly so streak marks appear quickly. I tried clean the panes with a microfibre cloth soaked in pure water ( I do wfp on the outside) but it didn't really cleanit well and the client wasn't happy with the results. A part from getting a ladder and doing a "Karate Kid" with a couple of cloths, I can't think of any other way of doing this. What do you suggest?

Iron Giant

I would have said don't do it in the baking hot sun but seen as your in the Canary Islands that might be tricky unless you are doing it at night, If you were in the UK screwfix no-nonsense glass cleaner it really depends if you can find something similar but the sun isn't going to help at all 

tench0771

using syr soap is your best bet i do a lot of conny roof cleans   inside and out this soap is watery so does not dry out u need a ladder use a mop and blade do section at a timeFiberglass Platform Ladder

Iron Giant
19 minutes ago, WfpTen said:

Thanks for the suggestion Iron Giant. Would you put that on an applicator using a pole or on a cloth and by hand?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks tench,
So I can't escape having to go up a ladder and do it by hand emoji21.png. I'll look it the soap.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have used this in the past with cleaning pads https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-pad-holder.html

WfpTen

I had a look at it but didn't like the idea of having to continuely replace sachets. So I've ordered this https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/indoor-specialized/indoor-glass-cleaning/indoor-cleaning-system.html

As I'm already producing pure water for my wfp work this won't requiere any extra liquids the only extra expense will be replacing the pads.