Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sourcing Pure water in central scotland.

Jimi

Im looking for suppliers of pure water locally. Ill only be using it in a backpack for hard to reach windows that would be a bit dodgy on a ladder so just a half dozen or so 25l containers at a time. 

How long does it stay good quality in storage and would any localish windy's be willing so supply for a few quid with enough advance warning? 

Cheers

Im looking for suppliers of pure water locally. Ill only be using it in a backpack for hard to reach windows that would be a bit dodgy on a ladder so just a half dozen or so 25l containers at a time. 
How long does it stay good quality in storage and would any localish windy's be willing so supply for a few quid with enough advance warning? 

Cheers
Not local being in Norfolk and all, but in terms of shelf life there isn't one [emoji106] Once it's purified and in a sealed drum you're golden.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cheers

First purchase is a genuine tds meter and check the tds of your tap water. Daqua will have one.

If you have a low tds as I believe some areas of Scotland have, then why not double di with resin?

Trust me, "Ill only be using it in a backpack for hard to reach windows that would be a bit dodgy on a ladder" are famous last words most of us have uttered. Within a few hours of your resolve you will seriously be thinking why you are up a ladder when you have a pole in the car. If you are shortish like I am and can't reach the top of most downstairs windows without a step ladder, then poling those windows makes a lot of sense as well.

We hardly use a squeege on externals these days.

Cheers spruce.

I know what you mean by testing my resolve.  I've had mine pushed to the limit a few times, usually by people. Which is why I want to do my own thing.

Ill have a look at the double D.I setup. But if its not super cheap Ixwont get it any time soon sadly.

Maybe if I end up building a good sized round I will end up wfp from a van rig purely to increase speed and reduce risk of accidents.  

Cheers spruce.

I know what you mean by testing my resolve.  I've had mine pushed to the limit a few times, usually by people. Which is why I want to do my own thing.

Ill have a look at the double D.I setup. But if its not super cheap Ixwont get it any time soon sadly.

Maybe if I end up building a good sized round I will end up wfp from a van rig purely to increase speed and reduce risk of accidents.  
I use single DI no problem, along with most guys I know. Only go double if you can afford the outlay. 

Back