Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing Advice Required

Topcat

Hi Everyone

although I've used this forum to gain information from time to time, I haven't posted for advice.

In the main due to the fact that starting from scratch in April 2017 my business has grown and grown, and now have c.200 regular customers.

I have been asked to quote to clean the roof of this large 'conservatory' (actually housing a lovely looking swimming pool).

In addition they have also asked for separate prices for cleaning all the conny windows, their large house & insides of house.

The conny roof is poly carb not glass and I've done small ones before using the good old Screwfix No nonsense degreaser which I propse to use on this.

So, an idea of price guys ?     btw there are a total of 34 panels, my first thought was around £180 (finger in the air job)

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance

IMG_6065.JPG

Polycarbonate roofs are quick to clean but make sure there’s no algy growth in the centre box section as you won’t be able to clean it out , I recon one person could do all the roof and all external windows and framework in a morning so price it how you want but must be worth at least £200+ 

Thank you for the great feedback.

I've decided on my pricing so will submit it and vross my fingers !

On a separate note, I got asked today if I'd be interested in cleaning 3 or 4 bus shelters !   (work is work eh)

Parish council meeting this evening apparently so I'll await news on it.

Anyone else done anything like this before ?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the great feedback.

I've decided on my pricing so will submit it and vross my fingers !

On a separate note, I got asked today if I'd be interested in cleaning 3 or 4 bus shelters !   (work is work eh)

Parish council meeting this evening apparently so I'll await news on it.

Anyone else done anything like this before ?

Cheers

Yes the local council asked us to do some I priced them at £25 each that was to clean insid3 and out including the roof and all seats and frame work the winning tender was £5 per shelter compleat waist of time don’t evan bother quoting now paperwork goes straight in the bin ???

Yes the local council asked us to do some I priced them at £25 each that was to clean insid3 and out including the roof and all seats and frame work the winning tender was £5 per shelter compleat waist of time don’t evan bother quoting now paperwork goes straight in the bin [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I don’t blame you how is anyone supposed to compete with prices like that [emoji85] self employment is supposed to be “the land of opportunity” not the land of rock bottom

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The guy or company who quoted £5 was only doing it to get his feet in the door. My mates all quote for council work and its great going to the pub with him, they all know each other. Some time served painters have electrical companies and a electrician has a painting company. It doesn't make sense unless one is related to the person who deals with the contracts. I call it the mystery tour but some call it the ghost train when you get on it.

** UPDATE **

Got the Job !! ??

New question,.....I feel I need a back pack & poles, not only for this job for for future work.

I do all my window cleaning trad, but have the standard harris pole but may need something better for this

Any reccommedations welcome

Thks

Which one and what price 
The large conny (pic at top of post)

£215 for roof, £45 for windows (they don't go all the way round)

Also got the house insides & out

Alot of work but chuffed as c.£360 total !

houses windows 8 weekly too

What do you reckon re. poles / back pack?

Well done.  backpack is ok to get you going but you will use a lot of water doing a conservatory so will constantly be filling it up ,pole wise if you can afford a Gardiners slx they are very good 100% carbon , if you cannot afford that the clx is a good pole good luck with the job ?

The large conny (pic at top of post)

£215 for roof, £45 for windows (they don't go all the way round)

Also got the house insides & out

Alot of work but chuffed as c.£360 total !

houses windows 8 weekly too

What do you reckon re. poles / back pack?
Nice job, buy the biggest and best you can afford so you're not shopping again in a few months. 

** UPDATE **

Got the Job !! ??

New question,.....I feel I need a back pack & poles, not only for this job for for future work.

I do all my window cleaning trad, but have the standard harris pole but may need something better for this

Any reccommedations welcome

Thks

Now you tell us that you ain't got WFP to do it ?

Hi Everyone

although I've used this forum to gain information from time to time, I haven't posted for advice.

In the main due to the fact that starting from scratch in April 2017 my business has grown and grown, and now have c.200 regular customers.

I have been asked to quote to clean the roof of this large 'conservatory' (actually housing a lovely looking swimming pool).

In addition they have also asked for separate prices for cleaning all the conny windows, their large house & insides of house.

The conny roof is poly carb not glass and I've done small ones before using the good old Screwfix No nonsense degreaser which I propse to use on this.

So, an idea of price guys ?     btw there are a total of 34 panels, my first thought was around £180 (finger in the air job)

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 14541
A Job of this size will be practically impossible with a backpack you will empty it before you have cleaned one panel so in excess of 80 refills at best , Best option is connecting to a outside tap and if that's not a option then your stumped

If it was me I would hook onto the customers water tap wash all of it, the roof does not need pure anyway and just wash all the lower windows and doors with pure. Probably do it with 150 litres of pure.

If it was me I would hook onto the customers water tap wash all of it, the roof does not need pure anyway and just wash all the lower windows and doors with pure. Probably do it with 150 litres of pure.
My price was based on cleaning the roof using their outside tap. Don't need to worry about how much water you use then. 

Back Pack and Pure the house and conny windows 

That roof slope looks quite long....be an arm ache doing finials at that angle and distance.....roof itself should be quite easy though....old wfp brush with spray jets connected to a backpack with Ubik in it...spray it down give it a couple of minutes and scrub it....rinse off with hosereel jet fixed to outside tap.....I have a spray jet that connects to the pole so tap to pole hose and rinse off.

Latest Posts

Back